Yamaha Rotary Encoder Cap Wanted

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.
Danchenka

Yamaha Rotary Encoder Cap Wanted

Post by Danchenka » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:58 am

I'm looking for one of the black rotary encoder caps that was on a lot of Yamaha gear from around 1999 to 2005.
Off the top of my head, they're on the RM1X, RS7000, A3000, A5000, AN200, DX200, Motif XS rack. Probably some others too.

They're $6 each on http://www.yamaha24x7.com. I think that's way too much for a little piece of molded plastic, and they only ship to the U.S. anyway. If anyone has one they can spare, I'm willing to pay a fair price, or possibly offer a generous trade.

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Re: Yamaha Rotary Encoder Cap Wanted

Post by Zamise » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:04 am

Email this guy and ask if he has any spares:

lordmilitant007@yahoo.com

He has been selling parts in the RS7000 group and forum for a while, haven't heard anything bad.

Tell him Zam sent ya.

Zam
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

Danchenka

Post by Danchenka » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:34 am

Excellent. Words of advice from the master of all things RS7000 himself. I'll shoot him a mail and hope for the best.
Thanks, Zamise.

Danchenka

Post by Danchenka » Sat May 26, 2012 2:11 am

It's been awhile, and this is about to fall off the first page, so I thought I'd bump it up. This is not urgent at all, but I'm still looking for this encoder cap. I never heard back from that other guy. If anyone's got one, PM me please.