Help for my Roland D70!!!!!!!!

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.
CMontekristo

Help for my Roland D70!!!!!!!!

Post by CMontekristo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi i want to ask you something
I have a Roland D70 but i have aproblem with all four banks low 32 keys, cause the two flex left inside of the keyboars are bad i need to get a replacement for this two parts and i don know how to get it maybe you can helpme o give me some information..Thanks!!!! i will appreciate any help tha you can give me
The strip flex that i need is the left side of the keyboard with 16 carbon contact, the short and the long
it si not posibble to slderinf any wire, cause the contacts are carbon and there are not at all..the plastic strip flex
is clear!!
i have a Pic here
Image Image Image
Last edited by CMontekristo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

synthparts

Re: Help for my Roland D70!!!!!!!!

Post by synthparts » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 am

You might want to just solder new individual wires between the boards instead of trying to hunt down the original flex connectors...
Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com

CMontekristo

Post by CMontekristo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks for you advice bu it is not posibble to soldering..cause there are not contacts in the in both flex...
One flex comes up over anotherone and i only can see the area clear!!!no carbon contact at all!! :cry:

rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Post by rhino » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:03 am

Does the D-70 have 76 keys? If so, contact Roland and see if they have the flexs for that board: The 61-key versions are GONE!! (U-20, JD-800, etc).
I have an old U-20 sitting on the shelf with the same problem: Someday when I get around to it, I have a idea in mind that might (or not!!!) work. I'll post when I try it. Involves using conductive "wire glue" from RadioShack or NewEgg, etc. and gluing new wires right to the connections where the key pads join the flex traces.
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

CMontekristo

Post by CMontekristo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:58 am

yes This Roland D70 has 76 Keys....The point is there are not carbon contact at all ..Only the flex clear at all on border end where the 16 terminals finish ...

LittleLordRivas

Post by LittleLordRivas » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:34 am

You need to order the CONTACT BOARD ASSY 32P LOW Part #03670156 from Roland. I would expect them to still be available as I ordered the contact board for the JD-800 in October. It replaces the key contacts and the plastic strip that connects to the underside of the keybed, you no longer have the bad glued connector. You are also supposed to order a new connector board for the underside: CONNECTOR BOARD ASSY LOW #03786934, but you can just modify your old connector board.
I am not sure about the rules on linking to other forums, I didn't see anything against it in the rules section. This guy has a guide on how to modify the contact board for the new connector board.You basically just flip the connectors to the bottom side of the board. http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... parts.html
For the guy looking for the 61 key contact board, the Roland part number is 22935230. It is the same one used in the JD-800 so they should be readily available. I double checked on the Roland site that both the JD-800 and the U-20 use the same contact board.
My credentials: I work at a very busy repair shop in North Hollywood, CA. I've been there 3 years and have worked on many vintage and current boards including D-70s and JD-800s.

CMontekristo

Post by CMontekristo » Fri May 02, 2014 5:39 am

Thanks for you advice,,..The Point of this is that i am living out of USA, I am Living in Nicaragua Central America..and i don't know what can i Do to order the part number and i don't know as you said before if they still have available this parts cause there is not dealer of Roland here in my country!!

CMontekristo

Post by CMontekristo » Fri May 02, 2014 5:55 am

I don't know if you could make me the favor to ask to Roland more close to you and let me to know for this parts numbers.I only need two parts...as you can see in my explanation and in the pics. i will appreciate so much you helping hand and then we will see how to make contact by phone to buy it and sent the money..and find the way to make to send the parts to me...try to find out for me..and let me know the answer forthis mean

synthartist69
Gear: Roland Jupiter 8
Roland Jupiter 6
Roland Jupiter 4
Alesis Andromeda
Alesis Ion
Yamaha P155
Roland JV1000
Roland TR8
Linn Drum LM2
Alesis SR18
Band: A Buck Twenty-Five

Post by synthartist69 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:19 am

Been down this road before. Finally gave up and sold the D70 for parts, best decision I ever made.

Valentine

Post by Valentine » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:33 am

I've repaired a Roland D-70 once with the same problem. After a few failed tries with silver glue/paint to repair the traces I cancelled the little flex cable all together and glued 16 wires on the flexible print with 'Wire glue'. Then I soldered the wires on the connector at the other side. Very ugly hackish solution but it works like a charm :-)

I inquired for the price of a new flex print: +- 150 euro's.. not worth it. (and a D-70 has 2 flex prints.. so if both sides are bad it will cost 300 euros.. insane)