KLM-367a build

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.
raoul duke
Gear: Roland JP-8000, TR-626, Kurzweil K2000S, Korg Poly-61M, Korg PolySix

KLM-367a build

Post by raoul duke » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:53 pm

Greetings all,
Been searching through here looking for a tech who builds Korg Polysix KLM-367a boards. I've found a few shops here to try and send inquiries to, but thought I would throw out the overhead question to see if anyone has found any recent/new leads. Just looking for one board build and I have the old core for connector/thermistor salvage. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,
rd
Gear: Roland JP-8000, TR-626, Kurzweil K2000S, Korg Poly-61M

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: KLM-367a build

Post by tomorrowstops » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:02 pm

I sent mine off to: http://www.oldcrows.net/~oldcrow/synth/

No guarantees on turnaround (he's had mine since April/May), but the price is right, and I'm sure it'll come back perfect!

There's also another: http://www.synthprof.com/clone_367.html

Then of course, you could replace the 367 with a Kiwisix Midi setup.

raoul duke
Gear: Roland JP-8000, TR-626, Kurzweil K2000S, Korg Poly-61M, Korg PolySix

Post by raoul duke » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 am

Thanks,
How'd you get hold of Old Crow? I thought he closed up shop?
Kiwi seems like a worthwhile investment if you know nothing else is broken (which I don't). Synthprof seems like THE expert - being associated with the board designer/maker; but the process seems cumbersome and the cost isn't far from kiwi once you pay the shipping both ways. Ideally I'd like to find a solution stateside - but I haven't ruled anything out. Just looking for options.
Thanks again!
Gear: Roland JP-8000, TR-626, Kurzweil K2000S, Korg Poly-61M

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Oh, I just emailed him; the address on the website. It took a couple weeks for him to get back to me, and then a couple more to get the process worked out and the board shipped. Anytime I've emailed him since, its been a few days and sometimes a repeat email to get a response. Busy guy I guess.

I had no idea he 'closed up shop' - he seems pretty active working on projects - I see posts on Muffwiggler all the time.

I thought of the Kiwi too, but at the time didn't want to spend the extra money or time figuring the install. But, I've spent $160 with Old Crow and a couple months later, another $260 on the Modysix midi (plug-n-play) kit. Should of done the Kiwi! Would have had it up, running, and probably sold/traded by now haha.