Wanted: Yamaha CS10 B10k Slide Pot

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.
bongoben

Wanted: Yamaha CS10 B10k Slide Pot

Post by bongoben » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:49 pm

Hey guys. I'm newish here but have been on other forums for awhile (i.e. ilovefuzz.com). My Pitch slider on my CS10 I recently picked up is dead and the synth seems to be stuck a half step down. It does change when I move the Pitch wheel, but when the Pitch wheel is at it's resting position it goes back to a half step down. I know this is a long shot but does anybody have a replacement B10k slide pot for this synth?

Thanks!

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: Wanted: Yamaha CS10 B10k Slide Pot

Post by madtheory » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:27 pm

Sounds like the CS10 needs to be calibrated, not have the slider replaced. In fact, the slider is so rubbish even when it works, that I wouldn't bother ever replacing it. If you're using it with MIDI-CV, I recommend the Kenton Pro Solo. It will likely have enough range in its settings to scale and tune the synth correctly for you. Well worth fitting a filter CV socket as well, assigned to velocity it really opens up this synth. Plus you'll have proper pitch bend :)

bongoben

Post by bongoben » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 pm

madtheory wrote:Sounds like the CS10 needs to be calibrated, not have the slider replaced. In fact, the slider is so rubbish even when it works, that I wouldn't bother ever replacing it. If you're using it with MIDI-CV, I recommend the Kenton Pro Solo. It will likely have enough range in its settings to scale and tune the synth correctly for you. Well worth fitting a filter CV socket as well, assigned to velocity it really opens up this synth. Plus you'll have proper pitch bend :)
Interesting. I'm not using my CS01 with MIDI-CV. It's about as stock as you can get. It sounds great as is minus the pitch issue. My other thought was regarding whether I could calibrate the Pitch Bend wheel (if that's possible). So yeah, any way to calibrate this synth in it's stock form?

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Yes, just get the service manual.

bongoben

Post by bongoben » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:38 pm

madtheory wrote:Yes, just get the service manual.
And because I skimmed through it the first time too quickly I completely missed that VR3 will adjust the voltage for the pitch. Beautiful. This weekend just became a lot cooler. Thank you! And yes, the sliders on this thing are rubbish but it sounds so good for what it is.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by madtheory » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:26 am

Heh, at one point I had two CS-5, a CS-10 and a CS-01! Ya lovely sound, but very far away from CS80 in terms of control/ playability. MIDI gets you closer IMO. Nice snappy control with filter envelope. CS01 has lovely unique sawtooth, soaring PWM and glissando is lush. Pitch bender has issues though!