Novation Bass Station (kboard) not saving Presets

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Novation Bass Station (kboard) not saving Presets

Postby Faldoe » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:36 pm

Greetings,

I have an older Bass Station - with the 25 key keyboard. It has an issue where it will not save presets or Midi assignments after power-down.

When the unit is turned ON, it produces no sound. I have to go into Keyboard Mode - view switch, and manually enter the MIDI Transmit (TX) and Receive (RX) channels for the internal keyboard to work.

Once this is done, Presets 1-7 produce no sound. Only the "Manual" preset/position works.

If I load presets into the synth via MIDI. Presets 1-7 work and can be edited and saved but once I turn the synth Off and then On, all the aforementioned work is lost and I have to start over.

The "Compare" control does not seem to work - you're supposed to be able to compare an edited preset with a sound you've tweaked to see if you want to save that sound.

This unit does not contain an internal battery to save presets like the Bass Station Rack.

Does anyone have any info (schematic) or where to test within the synth to possibly diagnose the issue(s)? Or provide some approaches to finding the issue(s)?

Thanks.
Faldoe

Re: Novation Bass Station (kboard) not saving Presets

Postby Faldoe » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:54 pm

I emailed Novation support and they said it was the Main Processor and that it couldn't be fixed. I resoldered all the pins on the processor and it works! I guess a pin was cold.
Faldoe

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods