Roland sh-101 LFO/CLK RATE problem

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.
harrymusic1995

Roland sh-101 LFO/CLK RATE problem

Post by harrymusic1995 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:27 pm

hello, new to the forum here and after some advice please,

my roland sh101 has an issue with its lfo/clk rate, even with the slider for speed all the way down the rate of lfo/clk is still REALLY fast and the red light is almost a solid colour its that fast, then when its on full its unbelievably fast, it never used to be this way and i was wondering if there is a way to solve the fast issue "under the hood"

any ideas guys and gals??

Harry[/font][/font]

synthparts

Re: Roland sh-101 LFO/CLK RATE problem

Post by synthparts » Fri May 01, 2015 7:31 am

Most likely a bad slide pot.
Vintage Synth Parts - http://www.synthparts.com

Jonathan40

Post by Jonathan40 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:13 am

I'm having the exact same problem with my SH-101, and haven't found any LFO/CLK adjustment on the schematic or circuit board. May I ask if the issue was ever resolved?

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by garranimal » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:32 am

Might try cleaning the slider with some contact cleaner.

Jonathan40

Post by Jonathan40 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:16 am

garranimal wrote:Might try cleaning the slider with some contact cleaner.
I tried cleaning the slider with Caig MCL and had no luck. Also did a D/A converter adjustment...back to square one..wondering if it could be a bad diode, op amp, or transistor.

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by garranimal » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:39 am

Jonathan40 wrote:
garranimal wrote:Might try cleaning the slider with some contact cleaner.
I tried cleaning the slider with Caig MCL and had no luck. Also did a D/A converter adjustment...back to square one..wondering if it could be a bad diode, op amp, or transistor.
Cleaning doesn't always help, but worth a shot. If it were me, next step, I would de-solder the slider and test it with a DVM.

Jonathan40

Post by Jonathan40 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:04 pm

garranimal wrote:Cleaning doesn't always help, but worth a shot. If it were me, next step, I would de-solder the slider and test it with a DVM.
Think I'll be giving that a try, as the cap and a resistor in the circuit tested out OK. I tried comparing the ohms of the LFO/CLK slider to the other good ones while all were still attached to the board, but all are giving me a 0 ohm reading for some reason. Guess they'll need to be removed. Another possible fault could be the dual op amp in the circuit, or maybe one of the transistors, though I don't really know how they'd affect speed. Schematic: Image