Moog MG-1 Pitch Mod

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.
Tarkus600

Moog MG-1 Pitch Mod

Post by Tarkus600 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:52 am

Hello.

I'm an electronics novice so I was wondering if somebody would be able to help me figure out how to pull off this modification I have an idea for.

What I want to do is install a poteniometer that could tune the entire range of the oscillators. That way I can tune higher and lower than the Mg-1 is capable of out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

Jacob Hunt
Gear: An old Polymoog that's on it's way.

Re: Moog MG-1 Pitch Mod

Post by Jacob Hunt » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:58 am

I remember a far simpler mod working on the Moog Prodigy, not sure if it's the same. Anyway, there was a pin in the pitch wheel that kept the wheel from spinning too far that can be removed. This allowed it be be tuned a full octave lower, probably could have worked for higher too, I forgot by now. This really helped the Prodigy ALOT in my opinion, it was getting near Minimoog territory I thought. Maybe if you wanted to keep with your original idea then you could maybe fit another pot in line with the pitch wheel?
Anyway, good luck!