Wanted: Minimoog Parts

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

Wanted: Minimoog Parts

Postby Jacob Hunt » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:23 am

I've got this Model D which is missing several components, and I've not been able to find some of them at all. I breathed a sigh of relief when Moog announced the new Model D, but alas, they won't deal with me at all. Anyway, I'm looking for:

-the prop in the rear that holds up the panel. Would really, really like to get this one, tired of propping it up with random things
- the left hand controller. I've found most of the parts here and there anyway, not so bad, but it wouldn't hurt to have the whole thing. Otherwise, the one troublesome part would be the brackets that hold the wheels/pots. Right now it's just a big hole with wires hanging out.
- the base. I suppose it wouldn't be too troublesome have one made, it just seemed possibly difficult to make the holes for the screws properly without an example to compare by. Guess it would be ok if I just drilled new holes in the body. Would still like to have an original too though.

Thanks in advance for any leads or offers. My Mini does most of what it should, but it's a bit naked as it is!
Jacob Hunt

Gear: An old Polymoog that's on it's way.

Re: Wanted: Minimoog Parts

Postby blueknob » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:31 pm

I've had a Model D in bits. The base is easy enough, just make one, it should be self explainatory what size, about 1cm thick with a chamfer, painted black. MDF would do. I think there are just 4 woodscrews holding it on, then maybe 4 rubber feet, all very basic and simple.

As for the prop, make one, see a photo, nothing more than a plate of Al and hindge I think from memory. The one I saw just used an existing screwhead one the metal case of the synthbox to hold onto, crude, simple but it worked just fine.
blueknob

Gear: ESi32/E6400U, Novation Supernova, Ensoniq (a shedful), vintage Macs, Hamm C3/122

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods