(UK only): Repair needed on 1986 Synthaxe

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

(UK only): Repair needed on 1986 Synthaxe

Postby Myrk- » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Hey everyone. Newly registered but long time reader of the forum.

I have a 1986 Synthaxe which needs some repair work to some circuitry in the main controller unit. I have the schematics (!) and I know the general location of the fault (within the neck), but me doing any of the work terrifies me as it's one of the few still functioning (somewhat) properly. For those not familiar it is this device:

Watch on youtube.com

I am looking for a very skilled electrician / musical engineer who is comfortable fixing vintage synthesizers or computers, based in the UK, who can sit down and locate the exact fault (I have a feeling it could be just dry solder joints) and repair it to working condition so I can take it out gigging!
Myrk-

Gear: [SynthAxe] SynthAxe
[Roland] JD-XA, FA-06, JX-3P, JP-08, VP-03, TR-8, MX-1
[Yamaha] MEP-4, MJC-8
[Arturia] Keystep, Beatstep Pro
[Novation] MiniNova

Re: (UK only): Repair needed on 1986 Synthaxe

Postby Explorer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:12 pm

KSR Kent Spong Repairs
James Walker
Explorer

Gear: not enough space here

Re: (UK only): Repair needed on 1986 Synthaxe

Postby nssc » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:22 pm

I'd be happy to look at it for you, I run the Northern Synth Service Centre in West Yorkshire. I've been repairing synths, including the SynthAxe, since Bob Moog was a lad.

PM me for my email and/or phone number.

Cheers,
Trevor
nssc

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods