wanted firmwares for Korg Wavestation A/D, Yamaha FS1R

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

wanted firmwares for Korg Wavestation A/D, Yamaha FS1R

Postby jxalex » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:52 am

(subject).
Yamaha FS1R ver 1.20
Korg Wavestation A/D v1.25 (ver 1.18 is good too!)

Does anyone wanna share these files?

In return I can provide other firmware files (ROland D550 v1.02 , D70, D110, MKS-70 v1.8 etc etc. )
AND if anyone else wants these with EPROMS then welcome -- I would burn them for a price of
EPROM plus shipping fee (located in EUrope).
I am not interested about "extra buck" and I am sick of these ridiculous prices at e-bay for firmware.

(also coming soon... these new M16c and M64c cartridges and about some expansions...)

EDIT: got it.
jxalex

Gear: enough

Re: wanted firmwares for Korg Wavestation A/D, Yamaha FS1R

Postby SkinnyV » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:43 pm

I can see I'm late and you found it already but in the future, you can check my site where I'm trying to create a freely accessible repository of all the synth eprom and firmware dump I can find. It's a bit crude right now but I think that the important thing is to have the dump available. You can check out what we have at http://dbwbp.com/index.php/9-misc/37-synth-eprom-dumps. I was also annoyed with how difficult it seem to locate those firmware and the crazy price people are asking on ebay for replacement eprom so I started this little side project and with the help of vintage synth's very own Rasputin, we managed to quickly have a very respectable archive. I already have the Yamaha FS1R and the Korg wavestation dump but if you happen to have anything that is not listed, I would suggest contacting me so we can add it for other people or at least post it on the forum. We really should try to move away from the secrecy of eprom and firmware dump and share it directly instead of trying to set up trade and exchange. This way, they will become very easy to find, pre-programmed eprom price will go down in price and it'll be much easier for someone without the equipment to find someone to burn the data for them.
SkinnyV

Re: wanted firmwares for Korg Wavestation A/D, Yamaha FS1R

Postby jxalex » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:25 pm

SkinnyV wrote:I can see I'm late and you found it already but in the future, you can check my site where I'm trying to create a freely accessible repository of all the synth eprom and firmware dump I can find. It's a bit crude right now but I think that the important thing is to have the dump available. You can check out what we have at http://dbwbp.com/index.php/9-misc/37-synth-eprom-dumps. I was also annoyed with how difficult it seem to locate those firmware and the crazy price people are asking on ebay for replacement eprom so I started this little side project and with the help of vintage synth's very own Rasputin, we managed to quickly have a very respectable archive. I already have the Yamaha FS1R and the Korg wavestation dump but if you happen to have anything that is not listed, I would suggest contacting me so we can add it for other people or at least post it on the forum. We really should try to move away from the secrecy of eprom and firmware dump and share it directly instead of trying to set up trade and exchange. This way, they will become very easy to find, pre-programmed eprom price will go down in price and it'll be much easier for someone without the equipment to find someone to burn the data for them.

YES, lets burn these speculants and middlemans who take a cut from others sweat! Thats the only thing which lets to live such parasites -- situations where people do not share.

it can be beginning of something. It is a good thing to share everything.
Charging money become possible only becouse some made secrecy out of it, also the problem is that filesharing servers and newsgroups do not keep forever the information (otherwise would be possible to keep them forever in a UUEncode format or MIME for example).

I have upgraded all my synths and could turn the back, but instead of it I become part of this free
information movement.

well its official now. I posted on e-bay for cheap these EPROM upgrades AND also added info "get a programmer, chips, and program yourself too". I hope there will be more like this and the prices will go down eventually. 16-bit EPROMs though are a bit rare, so I keep my offer up for this with low price until there is interest. IT does not take much to connect a programmer and post it as a coin in a mailbox for fellows. :)

Still THE NEXT thing what I am VERY eager to see is when people began to share also "brainpower", not just info,
in a means that project development is not just a couple individuals show, but it is more than what everyone can develop on and put their efforts into.
if there will be more active people in electronics... I cant say that it is do-it-yourself, becouse it is a way more advanced than what means do-it-yourself in a common means.
Schematics, sharing PCB drawings, dumps-readouts AND ... advancing. Time to get over, people! No need to grab a public ly available schematics and after development making a secrecy out of it (and setting a price sticker for it).
What I do not want to accept and never will is that why Behringer does not share schematics of their DCO synthesizer and neither does Dave Smith or anyone other, while I am really sure that they are re-using their old formula or taking hints from here and there.
jxalex

Gear: enough

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods