FS1R firmware CHECK needed.

The place for parts & services: Modifications, Spare Parts and Repair Services, Sample Packs, Accessories.
Forum rules
This forum follows the same rules outlined in Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

FS1R firmware CHECK needed.

Postby jxalex » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:23 am

recently when I almost jumped that I got FS1R firmware v1.20, was too early (from a e-bay member scientific-community....) after providing him couple other firmware files). It can turn out to be FAKE!!! or something weird is. the synth does not power up with that.

it is here.
http://mt.ee/hyperspace/synthesizers/fs ... r_1_20.BIN

can someone provide their own
FS1R v1.10 dump file firmware ? or compare that v1.20 file with their own? SO that I can compare whats different.

while I suspected that my own EPROM programmer had error, but NO,
synth comes up with v1.10 firmware after copying from one EPROM to another.

Also the AN1X synth got nicely running with firmware 1.04 which I get from this forum member Rasputin (thank You! :) ), I had absolutely no problem to get my synthesizer running... ;-)

But still, that FS1R. can someone compare that file?
jxalex

Gear: enough

Re: FS1R firmware CHECK needed.

Postby jxalex » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:48 am

The mystery solved. The EPROM version files actually are correct, but it is kind of tricky.
When I complained about that the upgrade file is not working, then I heard from couple dudes that --
-- in fact first time when powering up with that new firmware eprom man has to... CLOSE THE JUMPER J1.
Now, HOW THE f**k I was supposed to know THAT?!??

Further more : I searched with my friend a Service manual, just to get to know more about that strange jumper thing. Nothing! In that FS1R service manual was NOT A WORD about that jumpers meaning or its upgrade procedure!!! Only guess was a CPU line (and CPU had only adhesive label Yamaha XV100A).

That information come from these persons who had that upgrade file, however they did not said it in first place.

When I asked "where from THAT information comes? Service manual says nothing about it!" then the answer was "from a couple other fellows who upgraded first time their FS1R, said it".

THe mystery was solved, but I am very angry -- undocumented informations around which are not even service manual!
So, not only the upgrade procedure makes this rack synthesizer unique, but also lack of documentation and strange ways how the information is passed on.

However, if someone wants to upgrade their FS1R, welcome, I have now made it affordable . No silly 100$ prices anymore around there. ;) And pliis pliis... send me some chips. EPROMs.
jxalex

Postby vcs3 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:08 pm

What type of EPROMs do you need?
I have tons of EPROM from cash registers and other stuff.
vcs3
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: BitOne,DX7II, M-1000, ESQm, Procussion, NanoSynth, VL1, P2500, K5000R, FS1r, JX-3P, Ju-60,HR-16, CZ1000, RX-5,K2600S, Nord G1r, G2, XL-7, Shuthri-1

Postby jxalex » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56 pm

vcs3 wrote:What type of EPROMs do you need?
I have tons of EPROM from cash registers and other stuff.

I said so in order to provide for e-bay members cheap upgrades who want to buy desperately this and that firmware, becouse otherwies they go to sharks who charge 70..100USD for a one chip. I had some leftovers too, but when I ran out real fast then I thought its better to ordered a new bunch. So I ordered from china but it takes a month to arrive and I dont get it before 20th January I guess. Meanwhile yes, people are happy with this generous upgrade offer and couple are into idea of recycling the chips. :) But I will do it just until someone tries to beat the price or until there is a need for all this.

So, 27C256 and some 27C128 or any of these is enough, 2..3 pcs.

OR
Do you want the FS1R update? Then I need 27C160 from You which I reprogram and send back, however these chips are kind of tricky and get easy stuck bits. :S I have time for this and it is like posting a coin overseas. :D

However furthermore people are happy with this kind of generosity.
jxalex

Postby vcs3 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 pm

I have lots of 26C520, lost more of 27C010 and some 27C256, but didn't finish the inventory :-)
are any good?
vcs3
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: BitOne,DX7II, M-1000, ESQm, Procussion, NanoSynth, VL1, P2500, K5000R, FS1r, JX-3P, Ju-60,HR-16, CZ1000, RX-5,K2600S, Nord G1r, G2, XL-7, Shuthri-1

Postby jxalex » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:54 am

vcs3 wrote:I have lots of 26C520, lost more of 27C010 and some 27C256, but didn't finish the inventory :-)
are any good?

26C520 is something what I have not played with, but certainly are 27c010 and 27c256 a good ones :)
jxalex

Postby wavesequence » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:16 am

So, please, where I can find that jumper? I'm stuck with a 1.20 EPROM bought on eBay.
wavesequence

Return to Gear Services & Other Goods