EMAX sequencer

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
mis psiquicios y yo

EMAX sequencer

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Mon May 18, 2020 7:29 pm

Perhaps it’s totally irrelevant to many, but for those who are interested I share that I have been experimenting a lot with the sequencer of my Emax and discovered, very good and useful functions within the limitations that it has.
The first very important function is that the sequences can be joined or append, that is, you can make two different sequences and then put one after the other simply by copying the sequence you want to put at last to the other sequence, which would be the initial one. In fact, you can do it multiple times and create a longer sequence. It needs a lot of planning, but it works fine.
The other function is to record a sequence made in another sequencer, with several tracks, in an Emax sequence using MIDI, and which is also perfectly in time, so that the loop is continuous. This is achieved by creating a map in supermode, then you activate the recording function on all the tracks (MIDI channels) that you are going to record in the Emax sequence, the Emax clock has to be in external mode and in the MIDI module (in preset definition) you enable that the start and stop be controlled via MIDI. The external sequencer will play the sequence (that is not in a loop) and the Emax will record it automatically in time and with the precise point for the loop.
With these two functions, you can have two or three well-made rhythmic sequences on a floppy disk to play on top.
Before, I only used the Emax sequencer for non-rhythmic sequences, like clusters and things like that, not anymore!
I hope it will help you and if you have questions do not hesitate to contact me.
mis psiquicos y yo
In electronic music, sequencers are as important as synths, they all modify your composition and playing