E-mu EOS 4.70 Update Files

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

E-mu EOS 4.70 Update Files

Postby Rasputin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Because Creative seems to have gone slack on hosting their legacy E-mu stuff, it's a bit difficult to piece together the needed software to make working OS update disks for the EOS line of E-mu samplers (Ultra 5000 and so on). I've put the files EOS470.EXE and FLASHPRP.EXE into a bundle, but more importantly I've included both resulting floppy image files for use with Omniflop because those old executable files are way too system dependent and skipping straight to a raw floppy image is more future proof. In other words, no need to use Windows 95/98/ME or DOS to run the EXE files, just use Omniflop on any capable system (XP, for example) to write the image files straight to two 1.44 MB floppies.

I've tested both EXE files on a legacy system and they definitely create floppies. I'm reasonably sure the Omniflop images are intact but I haven't tried putting them back onto floppy and updating an EOS capable machine with them, so mileage may vary.

At any rate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3OQk ... m51cTFXSDQ

This should make at least a couple vintage sampler enthusiasts happy.

Note: These images are for the Ultra series, of course, as the classic series cannot update higher than v4.10.
Rasputin

Re: E-mu EOS 4.70 Update Files

Postby abruzzi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:52 am

The best source I've found for various E-mu files is here:

https://francisfisher.me.uk/problem/201 ... y-archive/

It's not terribly well organized, but a lot of files there. Also the classics can be upgraded to 4.62 if it has enough flash (2mb I think).
abruzzi

Re: E-mu EOS 4.70 Update Files

Postby alfonso.santimone » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 am

Hi guys!
Is there any omniflops image for EOS 4.62? (i'm on E-Synth Classic EOS 4.10a and wanted to upgrade.
Is the Flashprep for 4.7 good for 4.62 to?
thanks and all the best
a.
alfonso.santimone

Return to Samplers