Ensoniq ASR-X Operating System (OS) & Factory Sounds Archive

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Ensoniq ASR-X Operating System (OS) & Factory Sounds Archive

Postby Rasputin » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Operating Systems

Here are the ASR-X OS files for v3.04 and v3.20. 3.02 is the traditional "stable" OS and 3.20 is the "beta" with lots of added features. Included, but totally unnecessary, is an Omniflop image for v3.04 as that may be easier for some:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3OQk ... jl3TkNnQjQ

Sounds

The ASR-X was bundled with a demo floppy titled "FDX100". This is nothing more than general files on a standard 3.5" 1.44MB IBM PC DOS formatted diskette, so I have extracted them as such instead of creating an image file. As the sounds are nothing more than aiff files, this method will let people easily slice them up in a DAW, etc. and poses no drawbacks for ASR-X owners.

FDX100: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3OQk ... 1M2SXFlaW8

Also bundled with the ASR-X was a CD entitled Ensoniq X-Audio Series Sampling CD - Volume 1 - Producers' Mix.

Again, in lieu of an image (ISO, BIN/CUE, etc.) these are simply aiff files, as the ASR-X CD format was simply a standard data CD of numbered sound files. A CD for use with an ASR-X with SCSI CD-ROM can easily be recreated with modern burning software.

"This CD includes a great assortment of beats and flips contributed by these wonderful artists and producers: Cut Creator, Masters at Work, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Steve Rigby, Sven Steglich, Megashira/Precision, Tobias Menguser, and Ray Legnini!"

X-Audio CD #1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3OQk ... WtJdGdyaWM

There were also volumes 2 and 3, however these were not bundled with the ASR-X. If anyone would like to contribute these missing volumes or other relevant materials then please do (PM me?) so.

X-Audio Series, Volume 2

"This CD includes killer loops, great synths and basses, hundreds of drum sounds, sound effects and exotic location recordings, all from the same artists and producers who brought you Volume 1 in the X-Audio Series. This CD is one of the most useful and fun sources of audio samples you'll find anywhere!"

X-Audio Series, Volume 3

"Patrick Sean McLain, a dynamic young producer with a flair for creating instinctive sounds based upon moods, created the samples on this third volume in the X-Audio Series. "
Rasputin

Re: Ensoniq ASR-X Operating System (OS) & Factory Sounds Arc

Postby MrFatVSTs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:11 am

Wow thanks! Wish I had SCSI on my ASR X now...
MrFatVSTs

Postby teevee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:33 am

I think it will be fair to add "Pro" to the title due to that it wont work for the "non-pro" version or?
teevee

Postby Baus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:07 am

These are Audio CD's so you don't need SCSI, you just need to sample! ;)
Baus

Postby Rasputin » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:54 pm

Baus wrote:These are Audio CD's so you don't need SCSI, you just need to sample! ;)

Yes, and technically you don't even need to sample. Just trim/slice the AIFF, put it on a floppy and import as usual. There are no loop points or any extra data, and you don't need anything special as far as floppy drives. In this fairly rare case, you can even use a USB floppy drive with a modern computer -- no Omniflop, Kryoflux, XP, Win 98, etc. needed.
Rasputin

Return to Samplers