Emu-Emulator I samples

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Emu-Emulator I samples

Postby ESTD » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:53 am

Hi, guys! Im looking for a choir and voice samples Emu-Emulator I used JMJ in Ethnicolor. Where i can find this?
Maybe somebody can share this choir and voice samples for me in any formats?

https://youtu.be/6acaW1mwdZA
https://youtu.be/-BM_S7DOn5A
ESTD

Re: Emu-Emulator I samples

Postby madtheory » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:01 am

It's in UVI Emulation One.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby crystalmsc » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:58 am

While listening to the E4 library demos, I've heard an almost similar choir. It's not an 8bit samples though and might not be exactly what you are looking for, but maybe worth to listen especially since it's only $19.95 with lots of E-mu's signature sounds. You might also want to check the E-max library which has some vocals as well.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Postby Ashe37 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:43 am

Which are all the same recordings, more than likely.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Postby madtheory » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:00 pm

E4 library was mostly new recordings, very little from any of the EI sessions, mainly because the tapes were lost by then :( . Has a small number of things taken off EI library, possibly sampled back off an original machine I don't know. But all of the orchestral stuff was redone, with some new choirs IIRC.

EII library was made from the same recording sessions as the EI library, sampled again into the new machine, so they will sound somewhat similar however big caveat is that a lot of talented users also contributed to the factory library over time, so you'll find that a lot of the classics were originated that way.

EIIIx library has very little of the EI and a good bit of EII session material, but now in stereo and transferred digitally. The giveaway for those ones is the strange sampling rate of the Sony PCM 1630 used for capture- 44.05kHz. A lot of the "World" library was done that way, for example the wonderful dulcimer (which arguably sounds better in the compressed Proteus version, than in the full range EIIIx library version). Another big caveat- the EI colours the sound quite a bit, so the character of especially vocal sounds can by quite different than on the later Emulators.

I have all of the above libraries and IMO the only way to get the exact sound you want is with the UVI. Unless you can find an EI owner who (a) has all of the original libraries, and (b) is willing to share them!
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Return to Samplers