opinions on Korg Triton Expansion Chips? Pianos especially

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

opinions on Korg Triton Expansion Chips? Pianos especially

Postby part12studios » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

So I recently sold my pimped out K2500RS and realized I really didn't have much in the way of pianos except the ones in my basic Korg Triton 61 Classic. That is to say, pretty lousy.

I know there is a 16mb chip out there that specializes in keyboards and wonder if anyone can attest to their quality.

I also just dusted off my JV1080 which has a few better sounding pianos, but just the stock ones so still not exactly phenomenal.

If that collection actually has some quality well sampled pianos I might be willing to fork that out. However, if they are similar in quality to the ones built in I'll save my money for something else.

Also I know there is the dance one.. maybe that's worth looking at too? I have two slots free (64mb ram installed) so I figure

I'd consider the moss board, but h**l a Z1 runs about the same as the moss board with more poly so that slot will likely stay empty unless i could find one for a good price.

Thanks!
Caleb
part12studios

Re: opinions on Korg Triton Expansion Chips? Pianos especial

Postby part12studios » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 pm

I did find this video.. does sound pretty impressive. Still hearing from some legitimate owners who have some experience would be great.

I do see that some software has to be ran to let the system know the cards are there? i guess this software is online somewhere, so that's good to know. i'm surprised it needs this, but i also can see why it would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7QD7Hr2Rkg

I did this under Samplers because i really see the triton as more of a rompler/sampler than a "synthesizer" and it's completely digital..
part12studios

Re: opinions on Korg Triton Expansion Chips? Pianos especial

Postby part12studios » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:50 pm

bump just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this. the pianos are so blah in the triton.. but that video does sound nice.. but i would imagine there are more instruments on there than just the one piano. Not sure $85+ is worth it for one really nice piano..
part12studios

Return to Samplers