Korg ES-1 MIDI LAG

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
analogaddict

Korg ES-1 MIDI LAG

Post by analogaddict » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi there,
have anyone experienced a midi lag syncing a korg es-1 with another hardware device?

I tried as a master or slave but seems there is a very annoying lag on that machine. If I program a 4/4 snare on each machine it happens that it play off of about 20/30ms. I even tried to load the latest MKII firmware but no luck.
I'm sure it depends on the korg es-1 beacuse i've a bunch of other gear who nicely between each others.

There are very low resource on this topic on the internet.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Re: Korg ES-1 MIDI LAG

Post by Jabberwalky » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:34 am

I've used it as master and slave tons without ever experiencing a lag. The only time I experienced lag was when syncing to my DAW because it wouldn't start on time. Maybe your samples aren't cropped closely.

analogaddict

Post by analogaddict » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:16 pm

I loaded the factory samples and synced with an acidlab miami which is analog, either way it lags. It works better if I set it as master but lag very badly when it is slave. If I send midi notes to it lags too.

Do you tried to program just a simple hit 4/4 and see what happen?
If you can test that I really appreciate.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:23 am

Not sure what you're experiencing, but I have never had any lag issues with the es1. I would suspect it's something else in your chain. Quick clip of the es1 running master clock via midi to a volca fm. You can see it starts and stops, and plays the arp in sync just fine.