Mirage questions: editor and input sampling filter

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
DesolationBlvd

Mirage questions: editor and input sampling filter

Post by DesolationBlvd » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:17 pm

I'm loving my new Mirage. Its character is everything I wanted. So far I've recorded a Power Gig guitar game controller, which now sounds more like a D-50, and sampled cross-mod on the Odyssey to use as an oscillator. Now I've got a few questions.

1. Mine is the rack version and I had trouble getting it to work with this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ensoniqmirageed/ I boot the Mirage with the MASOS disk, hook up the MIDI IN and OUT, and the editor won't receive a sample from the Mirage. Are there any settings I need to set on the Mirage or the editor? Without any visual feedback, I'm making short loops by trial and error.

2. How rare is the Input Sampling Filter cartridge, is it worth it? I heard a demo where they sampled a loop with and without the cartridge, and with the cartridge, while some of the character is gone, it's much clearer. Also, can I use higher sampling rates without it by sending the sample via MIDI (if I get the editor to work)?

EDIT: After realizing I need to turn off the MIDI Thru, I can now send and receive parameters fine. However, receiving the sample doesn't work. I get a short response.
Moog Matriarch
Oberheim OB-8
Sequential Prophet 2002
Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80
Roland JP-8/SH-101/RS-09/Kiwi-30/JD-990
Korg MS-20 Kit/ARP Odyssey FSQ
Yamaha TX7/DX100
Waldorf Microwave 1
Simmons SDSV/SDS9
Elektron Analog RYTM