12-bit drum sampler than can accept todays floopy discs?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:14 am

any non-rack ones? (not counting the sp1200 & the mpc 60, 3000 too?)
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

fuckrapsputin

Post by fuckrapsputin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:05 am

you could by a Boss Sp-303 Dr Sample and then chuck your drum sounds on a smart media card, then when on the dr, resample them using the "lo-fi" recording feature. not quite an sp1200 but still has a nice gritty sound, makes that s**t sound tiiiiieeeght BUT can also sample at cd quality if desired. you can get old sp303s for dirt cheap these days and that sampler rocks, wicked effects and fun and easy to use. mind you the pattern sequencing is somewhat limited for some tastes, but if you're making hip hop or some kind of down beat then it'll work a treat. Alternatively if you had some extra dollars you could just buy the new Roland sp404, which is essentially a souped up 303, and still not that expensive new. Dunno what the prices are like in your are but i'd say you could get a 303 for a few hundref bucks -- as used by Madlib, J Dilla, Odd Nosdam and Clouddead, etc etc
gear: Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits

fuckrapsputin

Post by fuckrapsputin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:23 am

erghh... sorry, i forgot about the modern disk part of things, so my comment may have been... stoopid... so sorry about that.

BUT, i still say its a wicked sampler.
gear: Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits

Bill_Schroder

Post by Bill_Schroder » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:43 am

All of the disks I use for my S900 are HD. They work just fine. So if you have an S900, my guess is that DD and HD will both work. I know mine does atleast. Probably a better idea to hold out for the S950 anyways though. I wish I had. But my S900 has the optional 8 trigger input board, which I'm told is pretty rare. Anyone wanna trade me their S950 for my 'rare' S900? :D
Ouch.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:32 pm

f**k wrote:you could by a Boss Sp-303 Dr Sample and then chuck your drum sounds on a smart media card, then when on the dr, resample them using the "lo-fi" recording feature. not quite an sp1200 but still has a nice gritty sound, makes that s**t sound tiiiiieeeght BUT can also sample at cd quality if desired. you can get old sp303s for dirt cheap these days and that sampler rocks, wicked effects and fun and easy to use. mind you the pattern sequencing is somewhat limited for some tastes, but if you're making hip hop or some kind of down beat then it'll work a treat. Alternatively if you had some extra dollars you could just buy the new Roland sp404, which is essentially a souped up 303, and still not that expensive new. Dunno what the prices are like in your are but i'd say you could get a 303 for a few hundref bucks -- as used by Madlib, J Dilla, Odd Nosdam and Clouddead, etc etc
Oh, I'm a big fan of the SP series....and those who use it.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad