cheap sequencers...

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
newwavesyria

cheap sequencers...

Post by newwavesyria » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:14 pm

hi!

anybody know of any cheep sequencers capable of controling at least 4 synths... i would go for akai sequencers, but they are shure not cheap... any suggestions welcome, what are the prices(europe)...

supermel74

Re: cheap sequencers...

Post by supermel74 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:02 am

newwavesyria wrote:hi!

anybody know of any cheep sequencers capable of controling at least 4 synths... i would go for akai sequencers, but they are shure not cheap... any suggestions welcome, what are the prices(europe)...
The Yamaha RM1X would be a great choice. It sells for around $200 US. Roland MC307 could also do the job. It usually goes for around $200 US as well. You might get more replies if you moved this over to the General Synthesizers forum.

newwavesyria

Post by newwavesyria » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:24 am

how many midi outs has mc 307? how do i move this thread or do i send another one? thanks for help...

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:25 am

newwavesyria wrote:how many midi outs has mc 307? how do i move this thread or do i send another one? thanks for help...
It only has 1 midi out. Just make another thread.

Sorcerio

Post by Sorcerio » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:15 pm

No matter what sequencer you choose. You are going to want to invest in a midi thru box, or as some call it, a midi patch bay. These can be had for cheap (around $30-$40) on ebay. Probably almost as cheap second hand in a music shoppe.

And if you want a cheap sequencer, you might want to take a look at the Yamaha QY-10. Very cheap indeed. But very cool. 8 track midi sequncer with some built-in sounds. The size of a VHS tape and runs on either AC with an AC adapter or batteries. There's actually an entire range of QY sequencers. they can run anywhere from around $50 for the QY-10 up to $600-$700 for the QY-700 on the used market. And there are plenty of QY models in between those two ends of the spectrum. Prices and features correlate.

newwavesyria

Post by newwavesyria » Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:30 pm

thanks sorcerio, i guess i'm looking more for a midi thru box... i thougth that 8track midi sequencer such as mmt 8 has 8midi outs... so i just have to buy midi patch bay and plug it into midi out? possible to use mc 303 as a sequencer?

Sorcerio

Post by Sorcerio » Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:13 pm

yeah. a midi patch bay will usually have 1 or 2 midi inputs and more (usually 8 or so) midi outputs/thrus. Midi out from sequencer to midi in on patch bay. then use the multiple outs/thrus from the patch bay to go to the midi inputs of your synths or drum machines or whatever you want to sequence. doing it this way will avoid the need to daisychain your pieces together which can cause a more pronounced latency if the chain gets too long.

sorry, i don't know about the mc-303. but i'm sure you can find out easily by googling.

putzgummycymbal

Post by putzgummycymbal » Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:22 pm

I use an alesis MMT-8 and find it well intuitive and very easy to manage, perhaps a couple of quirks make looping a slight work around deal, but for the most part it'll give you 8 tracks of whatever and allow you to edit, easy to play.
do you want to kiss me jim? yes I do! Simply tear into the sun.

you got it www.myspace.com/pierceaugust

Computer Controlled
No Longer Registered

Post by Computer Controlled » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:38 am

Alesis MMT-8

sacredcow

Post by sacredcow » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:48 am

MMT-8
I got mine for $30.
PowerMac G4 dual, DSI MoPho, E-MU XL-7, Korg ES-1mkii, Korg EA-1, Novation Nova, Kawai K4, Casio vz10m, Casio ht700, Yamaha PSS-480

(5 good trader references and counting)