EMAX SE HD+ noob (no boot from HD)

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
Sorcerio

EMAX SE HD+ noob (no boot from HD)

Post by Sorcerio » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:36 pm

I just got an EMAX SE HD+ today. 8)

I was wondering why it won't load the OS from the hard drive. I got the OS online. Went through the motions of putting the OS I downloaded from the net onto a floppy. It will boot the OS from the floppy.

I scanned the hard drive. No defects or errors found. Formatted the hard drive. All seems ok there. Copied the software from the floppy to the hard drive. That process finished with no errors. But it still won't boot from the hard drive. Anybody know why? What can I do about this?

tiktak

that won't work

Post by tiktak » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:06 pm

Unfortunaly using your PC to format or build boot disks for the Emax will never work. There are a bunch of software emulators that say they can create Emax disks but not once of them ever has ever worked for me. The Emax format is proprietary and doesn't run natively on Mac or PC. Your best best is to find a nice person like me or another emax se-hd owner to send you the Emax SE HD floopy so you can boot and reformat and install the os on your hard drive.
Deceptive Intentons.... Making today worse so tomorrow seems better...
Emax HD - CS2X - Triton LE - EMU PK6 Expanded - Enonic ZR-76 - Micron - K-Station - Protools LE - EIIIxp - EIIIxs - ESI4000

tiktak

I forgot

Post by tiktak » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:09 pm

The emax se hd has a specific format (emax se hd os) you have to use as opposed to the regular emax. If you use a standard emax boot disk you can't install the OS to the harddrive.
Emax HD - CS2X - Triton LE - EMU PK6 Expanded - Enonic ZR-76 - Micron - K-Station - Protools LE - EIIIxp - EIIIxs - ESI4000

Sorcerio

Post by Sorcerio » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:13 am

The one I got off the net seems to operate fine. It is the plus version which was released after the SE HD version. And it does have hard drive options on it such as scan hard drive, format hard drive, copy software to hard drive, etc...

Maybe for some reason it does need an official disk. I would send you a disk if you would copy it for me. Please. :)

tiktak

Mine is a + as well

Post by tiktak » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:55 pm

We can sure give it a try - I have the OS disks for both the se and the se+

PM me and ill send you contact info.