Ensoniq EPS factory demos

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
donaldm
Gear: modular synthesizer
Location: pedal depressed pan chromatic resonance and other highly ambient domain

Ensoniq EPS factory demos

Post by donaldm » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:46 pm

Hey All,

Matrix ran this on Wednesday but I'd figure I'd post this up here. I bought an EPS last month and it came with a huge disk library. Many of the disks contain demo songs. I've been recording them and posting them here:

http://www.soundarc.net/music/EPS/

its actually amazing the amount of sound and sequence data was able to fit on a DS/DD disk, the efficiency is mindboggling.

-dm-

Anaki_Muon

Post by Anaki_Muon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:59 pm

I got an EPS with multiple disks too (about 50 or 60), including 3 or 4 different operating system versions. If I could figure out a way to create disk-images to put online I'd be more than happy to share, and would encourage you to do the same. If not, then I'd ask if you're interested in doing a physical trade. I do have a quite a few blank disks that could be used for my end. We could even send audio CD's with tracks for "one note" played from each program too.

Just a thought, but I'm always interested in expanding my library. I've got the manual too, if you need a photocopy for making your own disks or anything like that (it's only half-helpful, so to speak, I'd say).
Korg MS20 & Wavestation A/D, Roland Juno 60 & Juno 106 & MKS50 & D110 & MC202, Ensoniq EPS, Yamaha FB01, SP07b, Casio CZ5000 & SK1, Alesis Micron, Cakewalk Z3ta+, Propellerhead Reason, Garriton Personal Orchestra

donaldm
Gear: modular synthesizer
Location: pedal depressed pan chromatic resonance and other highly ambient domain

Post by donaldm » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 pm

YES!

I'll inventory my disks as soon as i get a chance, tonight perhaps. I just got a 50 pack of DS disks so I can defiantly do some trading. I have the advanced sampling guide but not the musicians manual so maybe we can do a swap there.

Mine came with beta OS 2.8 but it seems to work fine, does anyoen know what the last official OS was?

-D

Anaki_Muon

Post by Anaki_Muon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:15 pm

I'll have to check when I get home, but I think I have a 3.1 OS. I'll have an audio CD with all the "one shots" of each program along with a text file of the program names ready by Monday, unless you would rather just copy 'em all and send 'em all. Why don't you PM your address and I'll do the same.
Korg MS20 & Wavestation A/D, Roland Juno 60 & Juno 106 & MKS50 & D110 & MC202, Ensoniq EPS, Yamaha FB01, SP07b, Casio CZ5000 & SK1, Alesis Micron, Cakewalk Z3ta+, Propellerhead Reason, Garriton Personal Orchestra

Anaki_Muon

Post by Anaki_Muon » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 pm

In case anyone else is using an EPS and needs the latest OS or has a later one, the latest one I got is v4.35.

desdinova

hay guys, wut's going on in this thread

Post by desdinova » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:24 pm

Anaki_Muon wrote:If I could figure out a way to create disk-images to put online I'd be more than happy to share, and would encourage you to do the same.
epsdisk is what I use to copy instrument files as well as make disk images, works a treat. Reading generally works in an NT/2k enviroment but writing does not. I keep an old tablet running dos around for the purpose.
rerum concordia discors | genre: wankery