MPC 1000 pads suck!

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
PitchBender
Gear: 4 electribes and a case of beer.
Band: Pigslice

Post by PitchBender » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:14 pm

the 1000 is kind of weird. or just takes some getting use to. i can never seem to create what i want, it always comes out sounding different. but plenty of fun playing around with the time correction and swing.
and the pads do seem a bit stiff but not that bad.

amidst

Post by amidst » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 pm

The 1000 is useful for some things but I'd never buy it new. Why spend 1000 dollars when you can save a little longer and get a used 2500? Just my opinion. I'd go for the XL first even.. sure you lose the option of getting JJ OS but at least it's a reliable machine. It saves a lot of frustration I'm sure. I know many people will disagree with me, but whatever.. to each their own. I'm just trying to get a fair warning out to first-time MPC buyers.
Gear: Akai MPC 2500, Yamaha CS-01 II, Ibanez RKB 900 bass, M-Audio Keystation 61es, Behringer Xenyx 1202fx mixer, acoustic guitar, misc. cheap toy keyboards and VST instruments..

tunedLow
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Sage XP 4wt 10
Sage TXL 3wt 710

Post by tunedLow » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:02 pm

amidst, if you haven't already gotten the jjos, another nice feature with jj is the option to replace the click with your own samples, for both the accent and normal clicks. I really hated that standard click, and would always setup my own click track. There are lots of other features but they're escaping me now. Anyhoo, for 30 bucks it's worth it.