My father and my Roland S-50 sampler.

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
Electrocomp-101

My father and my Roland S-50 sampler.

Post by Electrocomp-101 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:39 pm

Did anyone ever buy you a really nice gift? Since it's the holidays I thought I would post these thoughts on my blog.

http://www.wiretotheear.com/2007/11/27/ ... 0-sampler/

Escobar

Post by Escobar » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Actually I'm a proud owner to a S50 with a DT-100 tablet \:D/

Nice pic :wink: I wish I also had the Roland color monitor, I think it's called cc-141, to make the picture complete. As you said, the DT-100 is more of a gimmick than useful. I belive it was made to make it look more like a fairlight on a budget.
As you say in your blogg nice and clean sound, though I need to clean the keys from dirt, noisy when I play but when I use the sequencer sofware it sounds clear. I wish my dad had bought one back at 1986, I was 18 then and also lost in Depeche Mode's Black Celebration.
Like the sound of crickets and animals... very nice.
Roland MKS-70 | Roland SuperJX | Roland S-770 | Roland S-50 | Roland MC-500 | Roland TR-505 | Emulator III rack | Emulator II+HD | Emax HD rack | Emax Kb | Prophet 2002 | Yamaha TQ-5

piRoN
Gear: A fair bit.

Post by piRoN » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:08 pm

I use one as my main controller keyboard (a controller keyboard that takes a f***ing full minute to boot up...). I've got the DT-100 around in it's original box, but as you say, it's not terribly useful apart from making envelope editing slightly easier.
Ensoniq EPS-m | Elby Designs ASM-2 | Yamaha TQ5 | Akai S3000XL | Akai X7000 | Novation KS-4 | SCI Prophet 2000 | Kawai K1m | Korg Monotribe | Korg Monotron | Roland S-50 | Roland D-10 | Roland MKS-7 | Yamaha RX11

Huppo
Gear: V-synth, broken Fusion 6HD, HPD10, MP-7, 60+ guitars, etc.
Band: naught

Re: My father and my Roland S-50 sampler.

Post by Huppo » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:16 pm

Electrocomp-101 wrote:Did anyone ever buy you a really nice gift? Since it's the holidays I thought I would post these thoughts on my blog.
Please, for the love of god, I hope VSE doesn't turn into another place for people to pimp their blogs.

I haven't read your blog, Electro, and I'm not commenting on the quality of the writing, it's just annoying as h**l to go to a message board to read messages and find nothing but links to people's blog postings. It happened to a local message board. First one person starts doing it and then others join in and the board ends up with interesting subject lines, comments on the content of links and no actual content. That's not what message boards are for.

Or at the very least, maybe they can create a section titled blog links and keep them there.

I know I seem to be overreacting, but like I said, I have seen another message board turn into a 'read my blog' board. In my opinion it's no better than spam. Link to your blog in your sig or something, just don't make it the content of your posts.
~huppo

Please feel free to add me to your Foes list.

t.o.t.s.

Post by t.o.t.s. » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:30 pm

nice blog man.... good story.
totsland.net / chvad.com / 8bitaudio.net / darksonus.com / invisiblerecords.com
Moog LP, SCI Six-Trak, Roland RS09, Crumar Performer, PAIA Fatman, Korg EX-8000, Waldorf µwaveXTK, Novation K-Station, XioSynth, KS4, Alesis Ion, Korg ER-1, Etherwave, MidiNES