Yamaha VSS 200 sampler question

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
Happyman

Yamaha VSS 200 sampler question

Post by Happyman » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi,
I just need to confirm something about this keyboard. When I press record sample it goes 'beep' and I assumed that from that point onwards it was sampling however as far as memory serves the samples sometimes record as incomplete so I'm wondering if you have to wait (for instance) five seconds after it has beeped before you can record? It seems to work like this but I just need to confirm that as I'm selling mine (haven't used it in ages.) Very grateful for any responses.

clubbedtodeath
No Longer Registered

Post by clubbedtodeath » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi Happyman,

I'm going to move this over to the Samplers section.

Cheers

Vxster

Post by Vxster » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:19 pm

I seem to remember as soon as it goes beep you then record. It's been a while though. I'll see if I can dig my one out and see.

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 pm

its just the way it is. my vss30 does it sometimes, sometimes not. you actually have to breach the threshold to get it to record the sample.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

Tyler2000
Gear: HS-60, MG-1, CS-5, ESQ-1, CZ-101, DR-110, MR-10, MDP-40, EA-1, ER-1, ES-1, Trixer, SDS-9, Califorian 365, toys, guitars, ukes, etc.

Post by Tyler2000 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:07 am

For what it's worth, the VSS-100 did no beeping.
so what do I put down here now?

Happyman

Post by Happyman » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:05 pm

tallowwaters wrote:its just the way it is. my vss30 does it sometimes, sometimes not. you actually have to breach the threshold to get it to record the sample.
Thanks for the replies, can I just confirm what you mean by breach the threshold? It just seems to be almost randome and I don't want the buyer to think they're getting a dud. I had a VSS 100 and it did the same so ~I'm confused.

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Happyman wrote:
tallowwaters wrote:its just the way it is. my vss30 does it sometimes, sometimes not. you actually have to breach the threshold to get it to record the sample.
Thanks for the replies, can I just confirm what you mean by breach the threshold? It just seems to be almost randome and I don't want the buyer to think they're getting a dud. I had a VSS 100 and it did the same so ~I'm confused.
theshold means the noise needs to be at a certain level to trigger the sampling. i wouldnt worry. i have all three of the vss boards and they all react this way. while it is an impressive studio toy, most people realize that it is indeed a toy and is going to come with some weird quirks as such.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

Happyman

Post by Happyman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:19 pm

I thought so, I just had to check as I'm a bit paranoid about the sale. They offered me much more than I expected so I'm on a bit of a guilt trip. Thanks again :D