Returning to to the esi-32!

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Returning to to the esi-32!

Post by garranimal » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:15 am

I have returned to the esi-32, maxed-out fully loaded with v.2.10 32-megs ram, AND SCSI for ONLY A MERE $100! This is MY deal of the century from Guitar Center! Had to tell somebody. This was my FIRST and FOREMOST sampler from '94, baby! Been scoping this piece, in the same store, for several YEARS (YES, YEARS!)....I have seen it and wondered every time I go in the store. And every time I go back to the store, it was calling to me. -Surely it doesn't have SCSI. -Surely it doesn't have 32-MEGS RAM. WRONG! TODAY i decided to check. Today, I win with the DEAL OF THE CENTURY.

Some history: back in the day I sold my original to someone in Australia, never looking back. Thereafter I had moved on to the soft-sampler Emulator X2 for some time. I've been watching you guys on THIS forum using these AGAIN, your stories of finding them and adding SCSI and ZIP DRIVES, with some jealousy......I AM SOoooo happy to be re-united with the old school.

Alas, I need a Zip drive again.

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: Returning to to the esi-32!

Post by garranimal » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:09 am

Found a SCSI cable and Zip drive at a secondhand store called Computer Reset here in Dallas for $50 total. That guy has everything old-school computer stuff.

D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by D-Collector » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:48 am

Congratulations!

I bought that same setup, maxed RAM, SCSI, cd-rom drive and E-mu library, about a month ago. It was an extremely satisfying deal, and a great sampler. :mrgreen:

tom Cadillac
Gear: FS1R, EPS, JP8000, Kaos pad, Ineko, SP606, Mopho, MP7 and so on....
Band: Bipolarbass

Post by tom Cadillac » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm just getting the backlight fixed on mine - hoping to get some serious use out of it soon.
"On the following day , the sorcery undespairingly continued: I changed my series, chose other sequences, cut other lengths, spliced different progressions, and hoped afresh for a miracle in sound." (Stockhausen)

RASP
Band: RASP

Post by RASP » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:08 pm

Just curious, but if you enjoy the esi-32, why not upgrade to the Ultra line? Those samplers are going for cheap these days.

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:13 am

some guy is selling one on ebay australia for about 200 USD with maxed out ram. worth it?

there is also an akai S3000XL i might be able to get for the same price :S