Ensoniq ASR-X Pro sample slicing

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
Milhouse
Gear: Korg ESX-1,Arp Odyssey,Roland TR 505, Roland TR 707, Roland Juno 106,Roland Sh-32, Stylophone, Casio Cz 101, Ensoniq ASR-X Pro
Yamaha TG-33

Ensoniq ASR-X Pro sample slicing

Post by Milhouse » Wed May 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Just wonder if there is a way to slice samples on the ASR-X Pro. I can spread the sample across all the pads to play the sample at different pitches. But would like to be able to slice the sample and have the slices go across the pads.

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Ensoniq ASR-X Pro sample slicing

Post by Hugo76 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:56 pm

To my knowledge it doesn't feature slicing (it's not mentioned in the review here at VSE). You could read through the reviews over at http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... X+Pro/10/1

I'm a bit interested in knowing more about the optional efx chip for the unit. Anyone have input on this one?

rockmanrock

Post by rockmanrock » Tue May 19, 2009 6:21 am

I used to have the ASR-X. You need to copy the sound to the other pads then edit the start/end points to the slice you want to hear. It's fairly quick to do starting with the Percent positions then fine-tuning it with the Sample positions.

Pretty sure there wasn't an optional EFX chip - the ASR-X and Pro had an ESP2 chip in it as standard with 40 or so excellent effect algorithms. Resampling through these effects is one of the main advantages of this sampler.

Milhouse
Gear: Korg ESX-1,Arp Odyssey,Roland TR 505, Roland TR 707, Roland Juno 106,Roland Sh-32, Stylophone, Casio Cz 101, Ensoniq ASR-X Pro
Yamaha TG-33

Post by Milhouse » Tue May 19, 2009 5:12 pm

rockmanrock wrote:I used to have the ASR-X. You need to copy the sound to the other pads then edit the start/end points to the slice you want to hear. It's fairly quick to do starting with the Percent positions then fine-tuning it with the Sample positions.

Pretty sure there wasn't an optional EFX chip - the ASR-X and Pro had an ESP2 chip in it as standard with 40 or so excellent effect algorithms. Resampling through these effects is one of the main advantages of this sampler.

Thanks! thats what I figured. Pads->to percent positons. The effects are awesome on this. But resampling through the effects just answered another question i was going to ask.

sawan

Post by sawan » Sat May 28, 2011 10:14 am

there is an unofficial update to the OS which you can find on the asrx mailing list over at yahoo groups which has a new function called xplode which does exactly this. it also adds a few other features too. it will probably take some digging to find it. but it's there. believe me ;)

Milhouse
Yamaha TG-33

Post by Milhouse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 am

sawan wrote:there is an unofficial update to the OS which you can find on the asrx mailing list over at yahoo groups which has a new function called xplode which does exactly this. it also adds a few other features too. it will probably take some digging to find it. but it's there. believe me ;)

Thanks! I got the OS 3.2 on the machine! Now gotta get the cf card scsi reader :)