Korg Micro Sampler

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Re: Korg Micro Sampler

Post by tallowwaters » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

computron wrote:Nothing has been said for a long while about the micro sampler I wonder why? overhyped ? Did the samples ever sound close to source? or did they have that korg sound going on?
I, for one, didn't like it because it is billed as a keyboard sampler when it is really just a hobbled ESX with keys. It really isn't made for multisamples and massive memory is again crippled by limited banks (just like on any modern sampler). I didn't think the lack of mod/pitch wheels would bother me, but it did, and the terrible lack of real EG is just odd.

Like Graham says, a worth replacement for an SK-1, but I much prefer my VSS30. I'm sure somebody could use one of these and do some cool s**t, but not me.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

computron
Band: Computron

Post by computron » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Yea some demos sounded neat but I was not buy into the hype of it as a sampler.The link to that korg forum talks of the samples "popping" :roll:
Living the Electro Life

tallowwaters

Post by tallowwaters » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:24 pm

computron wrote:samples "popping" :roll:
Yeah, you have to love idiots that blame their own lack of gray matter on an instrument.

gmeredith
Band: Warning Will Robinson

Post by gmeredith » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:15 am

I much prefer my VSS30
Damn i wish someone could develop some sort of sample dump/load data setup for this thing, it would really make it an amazing cool retro mini sampler!

Cheers, Graham
Casio: FZ1, CZ101, PG380, VZ10M, SK8, SK60, RAP10, DP1 drums, DH100, CDP200, DM100
Yamaha: TX81z, TX802, SHS10, DTXv2
Roland: SH101, DR660, MS1, PM16, TR33
Others: Korg MicroKontrol, ES-1, Alesis MMT8, Emu ESi2000 & card reader, BCR2000, V-Machine

tallowwaters

Post by tallowwaters » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 am

It truly is.

I usually don't like to modify my gear, and I usually hands down hate circuit bent instruments, but the bent VSS30 is awesome.

I was going to set mine up with a 16point patchbay breakout box connected by 25 pin parallel port, but I still haven't got around to it.

computron

Post by computron » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 am

seems to be alot of firmware issues waiting to be fixed on the micro sampler.Tallow did you get rid of yours for at least what you paid for it?
Living the Electro Life

tallowwaters

Post by tallowwaters » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 pm

I returned it like a week later and they tried to deduct some insane (100.00 ?) restocking fee. I somehow finagled/threatened my way into exchanging it for an Eventide TimeFactor and 80 bucks.

computron

Post by computron » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

tallowwaters wrote:I returned it like a week later and they tried to deduct some insane (100.00 ?) restocking fee. I somehow finagled/threatened my way into exchanging it for an Eventide TimeFactor and 80 bucks.

excellent! :D I have pulled that off once or twice the finagled threatened ploy .Alot of people will give in just to end the conflict.
Living the Electro Life

tallowwaters

Post by tallowwaters » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:24 pm

computron wrote:
tallowwaters wrote:I returned it like a week later and they tried to deduct some insane (100.00 ?) restocking fee. I somehow finagled/threatened my way into exchanging it for an Eventide TimeFactor and 80 bucks.

excellent! :D I have pulled that off once or twice the finagled threatened ploy .Alot of people will give in just to end the conflict.
Yeah, I almost always get away with it. All part of the joy of looking, acting, and sounding like a dirtbag.