Korg Micro Sampler

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Re: Korg Micro Sampler

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 am

tekkentool wrote:that's exactly what i'm after, basically a W-30 but with more sample time, effect options etc. they would be off their block if it wasn't a traditional sampler and it has a keyboard attached to it.
Agree, I'm actually also in the mood for Roland's 12 bit sampling keyboard like the W-30 or S-50. Found both on a pawn shop, but in a pretty beat up condition for around $250 each. I'd wait for those new coming products. The multi-sampling capability, non volatile memory and real time control for fx and parameter are what I'm looking for in the new keyboard sampler.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 am

crystalmsc wrote:
tekkentool wrote:that's exactly what i'm after, basically a W-30 but with more sample time, effect options etc. they would be off their block if it wasn't a traditional sampler and it has a keyboard attached to it.
Agree, I'm actually also in the mood for Roland's 12 bit sampling keyboard like the W-30 or S-50. Found both on a pawn shop, but in a pretty beat up condition for around $250 each. I'd wait for those new coming products. The multi-sampling capability, non volatile memory and real time control for fx and parameter are what I'm looking for in the new keyboard sampler.
word. i want mangling.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 am

crystalmsc wrote:
I predict disappointment for you...

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:I predict an updated EG-101 sans speakers. And it'll sell a crapload.

MC-808?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:07 pm

Nah, the MC-808 has too many features, more like the MC-09. We're talking Korg Micro series here, it'll be like a KP3 mashed into an ESX with a keyboard. I don't think we'll be seeing advanced sampler features.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:like a KP3 mashed into an ESX with a keyboard.
That would be a Micro D-2ex :)

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:Nah, the MC-808 has too many features, more like the MC-09. We're talking Korg Micro series here, it'll be like a KP3 mashed into an ESX with a keyboard. I don't think we'll be seeing advanced sampler features.
If it has a traditional keyboard...it won't have a sequencer. That's my guess. Boo.

mute

Post by mute » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 pm

supermel74 wrote:Honestly, if all of this supposed gear doesn't have midi in/out they can shove it back up their a*s.
100% agree. I appreciate and utilize USB when its available, but the total removal of MIDI ports is obnoxious as h**l. I can understand it with the Nanos, but it should more or less stop there.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:00 pm

hmm, two more days..just can't wait. Roland already came up with the improved SP-404. So curious too see what will happen with an improved ES line which is excellent already.

cheapo

Post by cheapo » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:48 pm

and it looks like this

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Any language translators?
Edit: Here's a translation from Matrixsynth. Doesn't do much good though.

On the microSAMPLER:
"Last widely popular with beginner to professional sound from a compact and full-fledged micro series "microSAMPLER" is. Sampler of today's street name is not an extension of a drum machine with PAD, KORG keyboard has dared to challenge! PAD to get a limited number of voices on the music really does, it is more a practical clarity even when the keyboard attached is true to scale.

MicroSAMPLER This has been especially created with an emphasis on live performance and recording rather than just ask Shiremasu 1.9kg height of its mobility from where weight and battery that can be. Had pressed the wrong button during a live form it is placed in the sink and cabinet knobs and buttons, that can prevent any problems.

Beat Box crew performance demonstration development Shibuya, BEATSICK.JP was done by two people. Humanly and I do not think the storm of the Human Beat Box呑Mimashita breath venue. microSAMPLER presets are quite enjoy the original sound because it contains two of you for this!

Rotary knob to select the five types of sampling Sampling mode simply press the button! If we could use it without resistance to both novice samplers. This sampling mode is unique, especially as it may KEY GATE mode and press the keyboard that you want to assign Rec sampling as soon as you can! AUTO NEXT can also be sampled in real time mode to overwrite you've locked in the sequence before. These features are such as to stimulate the production Kurieitiviti also a very effective track on the live scene in the immediate asked to received the impression that.

The editor software is also available, of course, has made possible more detailed sound. Release 9 of the flow of time is ever in the price range of mid-January is likely to be the same micro-series."
Last edited by supermel74 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:16 pm

OMG Ugly!

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Post by tekkentool » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:31 pm

JSRockit wrote:OMG Ugly!
this is seriously the f**k ugliest sampler EVAR.

i'm hearing a lot about the computer editor, and it seems you can't edit everything from the front panel.

-1 korg

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:41 pm

and no pitch or mod wheels :?
Last edited by supermel74 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:57 pm

anyone checked out korg's stock? even if most of us on here think they're making c**p, bet they're doing just fine...