Wich sampler will you buy without hesitate

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
piRoN
Gear: A fair bit.

Re: Wich sampler will you buy without hesitate

Post by piRoN » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:11 pm

HideawayStudio wrote:The S950 and S1000 are tanks - you only have to look at the thickness of the solid aluminium front panel to see what you're dealing with. You have to remember, although these were no Fairlights, they were pitched well and truly at the pro market and the build quality really shows.
Great to repair, too. I've fixed up an X7000, S700, S2000, and S3000XL and they were all so simple to strip down and get at the innards. Really nice, well-considered design in the Akai stuff.
Ensoniq EPS-m | Elby Designs ASM-2 | Yamaha TQ5 | Akai S3000XL | Akai X7000 | Novation KS-4 | SCI Prophet 2000 | Kawai K1m | Korg Monotribe | Korg Monotron | Roland S-50 | Roland D-10 | Roland MKS-7 | Yamaha RX11

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:46 pm

I wonder if there's some user of the amazing Hartmann Neuron on VSE.
they are so expensive, but such a different approach to the sampling world
I would never buy one, because I know I would become a complete anti-social person, totally white for the lack of sun, locked 24 hrs playing it.....
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

0e0
Gear: Roland MKS-50, Juno-106, JV-1080
Yamaha A4000, SU700, S80 (w/PLG150-VL), SY 77, SY 22
Oberheim Matrix-1000
Kawai K3m, K4
Zoom ST-224
Band: 0=0

Post by 0e0 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:54 am

Dj Pound wrote: After seeing Ferris Bueller for the umpteenth time again, just yesterday. Im jonesin' for an EMULATOR II :mrgreen:
this scene is the reason why i make electronic music.

j

0=0

Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Yoozer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:44 pm

balma wrote:I wonder if there's some user of the amazing Hartmann Neuron on VSE.
Forums member shaft9000 has one. I used to have one when it was blown out. Software's buggy (giant gaping memory leak) and limited to 44/16. Sold it, though when I tested the keyboard version at the Messe (when the V-Synth v 1 just came out) I thought the Neuron was a big step ahead.

I'm wondering if they continue development of additive synthesizers/resynthesizers - Imageline Morphine is neat and gets several of the sounds in the ballpark.
"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.

kazper

Post by kazper » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Sp-1200 and MPC4000.... oh wait I have them both.

if stolen, burnt down or destroyed. I would probably be looking for another.

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:35 am

I want another ES-1mk2.. I'd probably get an ESX or 2 as well if I could afford.

Dj Pound
Gear: Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss Br-532

Post by Dj Pound » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:54 am

The ES-mk2 is a handsome, sturdy looking machine. I also found out just recently that it samples at 44.1khz..as opposed to 32khz on the original ES-1.
Korg ESX-1
Korg EMX-1
Korg ES-1
Microkorg
Akai MPC-2000XL
Boss Br-532

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:58 pm

Yoozer wrote:
balma wrote:I wonder if there's some user of the amazing Hartmann Neuron on VSE.
Forums member shaft9000 has one. I used to have one when it was blown out. Software's buggy (giant gaping memory leak) and limited to 44/16. Sold it, though when I tested the keyboard version at the Messe (when the V-Synth v 1 just came out) I thought the Neuron was a big step ahead.

I'm wondering if they continue development of additive synthesizers/resynthesizers - Imageline Morphine is neat and gets several of the sounds in the ballpark.

I have read about that problem. That's hard to believe on such an advance sampler. And it's not a cheap sampler, pretty expensive...
I alsothought that this sampler was able to sample at 24b....

What's the problem with the memory?
I tried to get one around 2 years ago, but I hesitated on the last moment.
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.

Dane_Xoth
Gear: Attack uWXT Edition uQ Prophecy, W/S ex, MS 2Kr ER1 EA1 RADIAS
A X V Bk Br D SB Station,
DJ70mII R-70 S760
Spectrum Bass+Synth
FB383
Absinthe
Band: Dane[X]oth, Dortmunder

Post by Dane_Xoth » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:06 am

I've already hesitated twice on this one, so if i every see one in good nick.....i'd buy a Roland S330.
Just to have it in a 4U case with my 2 S-760s and R-8m, all controlled by the DJ70mkII.

I've also seen a Peavey sampler (can't remember the name off hand), but it's only the interface unit. Should get it anyway. I've got the Peavey Spectrum Bass + Synth + Filter rack modules. Would be cool to have the set.

I would hesistate on a VP9000. But i've heard alot of bad things/seen alot in 2nd hand shops.
Bend it to fit, Paint it to match.

aymat

Post by aymat » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:26 am

Im surprised no one has mentioned the Yamaha A4000? Although its a beast, its got an incredible amount of essential features and sounds wonderful. My favorite sampler by far.

http://www.synthmania.com/a4000.htm

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by balma » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:58 pm

yeah I got one, specially great when adding effects to the samples, but it's a pain in the a*s to use, just like all the yamaha racks, so from all my samplers, is the only one that has a little bit of dust.

alspacka

Post by alspacka » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm

at some point you just don't wanna "get more creative because your gear is limited", but just do exactly what you want.