Here are the Emax II Library samples!

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Here are the Emax II Library samples!

Postby D-Collector » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:17 pm

Here are all the Emax Library images, free for all to download! :mrgreen:

http://www.silveriafamily.com/emax/emax2_downloads.html

Convert them to Akai S-1000, Soundfont SF2, Emulator II,III, IIIx, or between the Emax I or II, or extract wave files using this program:

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/

It works great! I converted all to SF2 and further used Extreme Sample Converter 3 to audition the Soundfonts and convert them to wav or other sampler formats (a huge amount to choose from). Very nice!

Here are the libraries in SF2, packed in self-extracting RAR archives:

EMAX Library Vol. 1.exe - 55.30MB
EMAX Library Vol. 2.exe - 47.91MB
EMAX Library Vol. 3.exe - 43.90MB
EMAX Library Vol. 4.exe - 25.02MB

Here's a little demo to prove that they work. It is just a quick track I put together, not very polished or anything.

Last edited by D-Collector on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Here are the Emax II Library samples!

Postby Naive Teen Idol » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm

Awesome! Except I don't have XP as I am a Mac guy. Any chance someone could upload these as SF2's or Wavs?
Naive Teen Idol
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland Jupiter 6, Studio Electronics MIDIMini, DSI Evolver, Linn LM-2 Linndrum, Roland TR-77, Roland GR-300, Novation Remote SL 25

Postby D-Collector » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:45 am

I could possibly upload'em all in SF2s as I have converted everything, if I can find a suitable host. My rapidshare just expired along with my E-mu cd uploads... The samples are awesome and gritty (in the good way), I'm playing around with them in Studio One right now. Got a tune going too!

If converted to wav you will lose the layers, programs and combinations of the original banks. They are intact in SF2 though (:
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Naive Teen Idol » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 am

That would be awesome, though I recognize it may be a bit of work. If you could even do one of the images, I'd super appreciate it...
Naive Teen Idol
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Roland Jupiter 6, Studio Electronics MIDIMini, DSI Evolver, Linn LM-2 Linndrum, Roland TR-77, Roland GR-300, Novation Remote SL 25

Postby D-Collector » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Here is the first collection in SF2, some excellent stuff here. I packed them in a self extracting rar archive. If the exe don't work in mac you should still be able to open and extract the file with unRARx or something.

Edit: links added to first post!

:thumbright:
Last edited by D-Collector on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Naive Teen Idol » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:30 am

These are totally awesome -- some very odd combos of samplemaps in there, but very cool. People wouldn't think to put a library together with sounds like this today. So, really, thanks for doing this. If there's any chance you have to do the others, I'd be totally indebted, but if not I very much understand...
Naive Teen Idol
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Naive Teen Idol » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:00 am

I would also add -- no one lays out sample libraries like this either anymore, with odd configurations on the keyboard that would encourage you to sort of improvise a song with different parts using only two hands. Pretty awesome.
Naive Teen Idol
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby D-Collector » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:18 am

You are so right about the libraries and samplemaps, they are very creative and inspiring! Check the first post for the SF2 archives, I will upload them all. ;)
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Strangenono » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am

This can prevent some people from buying the f**k useless Digitalsoundfactory Emax bundle which is way too expensive and pretty useless since the Emax collection contains more or less all the Emax I library.
Now it would be cool if we could find a sf2 player with a more characteristic filter to impersonate the Emax II.
Thx a lot
Strangenono

Gear: Alesis Fusion 6hd
Roland Jx10
Yamaha SY77
Band: Technoir

Postby Ashe37 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:51 am

nifty...
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Postby D-Collector » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:42 pm

There we go, now all the files are up... Again check my first post.

Man it was fun to finally get my hands on this library! I have kind of an obsession for the old school E-mu / Fairlight samples, there is something magic about them. And the Emax collection is full of cool stuff I haven't used before.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Naive Teen Idol » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:24 pm

Edit: double post.
Last edited by Naive Teen Idol on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naive Teen Idol
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Naive Teen Idol » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:26 pm

This is awesome -- thanks so much. I'm the same way about old sample libraries. I have a Linndrum and am moderately obsessed with the sounds of the 80s. I've found in the case of with the Fairlight that it's as much about how those sounds were programmer (lots of playing around with the register with the Page-R sequencer) as t is the sounds themselves. I think with Emulators and Emaxes, a lot of it seems to be how the libraries were mapped out -- with drum parts and bass sounds in the lower register and stabs and pads up above and so forth. There's a video on Youtube with Alan Wilder of Depeche Mode where you can see what I mean.

As for the filter, it's kind of a bummer that the Morgana Mirage emulator doesn't open Soundfonts...
Naive Teen Idol
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby D-Collector » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Naive Teen Idol wrote:This is awesome -- thanks so much.

No problem!

Naive Teen Idol wrote:I think with Emulators and Emaxes, a lot of it seems to be how the libraries were mapped out -- with drum parts and bass sounds in the lower register and stabs and pads up above and so forth. There's a video on Youtube with Alan Wilder of Depeche Mode where you can see what I mean.

My thoughts exactly, this is what I really missed in the libraries for my ESI, that creative mapping of awesome drums, stabs and synth sounds.

Btw, I added a demo to the original post!
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Strangenono » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:49 am

Woaw ! Very cool demo, it reminds me of old amiga game soundtrack with classic dx-bass , choirs and big snares.Thx for the memories.

PS: could you tell us which bank of the collection you used in your demo ?
Strangenono

Gear: Alesis Fusion 6hd
Roland Jx10
Yamaha SY77
Band: Technoir

Next

Return to Samplers