Wanted: Emulator II Samples WAV or AIF

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
intercorni
Band: Lustobjekt

Wanted: Emulator II Samples WAV or AIF

Post by intercorni » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Hello.
Seeking the original EMULATOR II samples in wav or aif format.
Who can help?

thx

Cornel :-)
PPG Wave 2.2 | 2x PPG Waveterm A | PPG PRK | Roland Jupiter-6 | Roland Juno-6 | Waldorf Microwave | Elka Rhapsody 610 | Moog Polymoog | Minimoog Model D | Casio FZ1 | h**l Modular Synthesizer
https://www.facebook.com/cornel.hecht

seamonkey

Re: Wanted: Emulator II Samples WAV or AIF

Post by seamonkey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Please read this thread and see if it's helpful.
http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... =3&t=55168
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

intercorni
Band: Lustobjekt

Post by intercorni » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 am

Thanks for the answer but that is the Emax library, not the Emulator library.
PPG Wave 2.2 | 2x PPG Waveterm A | PPG PRK | Roland Jupiter-6 | Roland Juno-6 | Waldorf Microwave | Elka Rhapsody 610 | Moog Polymoog | Minimoog Model D | Casio FZ1 | h**l Modular Synthesizer
https://www.facebook.com/cornel.hecht

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

Sorry about that. I'm not certain but I thought I read somewhere the Emulator ll samples were included in that library, that's why I linked it. I'll try and find the source where I read that.
Hopefully the poster who supplied those wav files or someone who's downloaded them can clarify for us.
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

Roberto
Gear: Fairlight CMI Series III|Alesis Fusion|Akai S6000-Z8-MPC1000-MPC500-MPK49|Korg Prophecy|Yamaha DTXpress|Roland SC88VL|Behringer UMA25S|Synsonics
Band: Failed Muso

Post by Roberto » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:25 am

A quick search of this board alone will throw up a number of threads asking the same thing, mine included.

The simple fact is that there is currently no official EII library out there. There are a number of people who have successfully carried out digital conversions of the E-MU library as well as the Northstar library from old disk images. Whilst these are good, they completely bypass the sonic colourisation provided by the EII circuitry and therefore will never be quite the same.

Digital Sound Factory, who are very closely linked to E-MU, have told me that they possess the EII library and have plans to release it in the future, but that is all they have said. The DSF Emax library they sell contains a number of programs that were converted over from the EII library by E-MU and were included in the original Emax library. This is a cracking library which I own and like very much.

There have been a few products that include some EII sounds. For example, Hollow Sun have about a dozen or so of the famous EII programs (Marcato Strings, Arco Strings, Shakuhachi, Waterphone, Choir, Orch Chords) in their Vintage Sampler product and also their Nostalgia VSTi.

Dan Wilson of Hideaway Studio's has an EII and has provided one or two samples for free here (I'm sure you've already found these) and he may be persuaded to do more ;)

But these things do tend to eventually emerge. I was waiting for years for a full and top quality Fairlight library to appear, and that did a month or so ago in the form of the Fairlight Legacy ReFill package released by Patrick Fridh with the full approval of Fairlight AU and Peter Vogel.

Be patient. They will come :)

Or, save up and try and buy an EII ;)

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by JMP » Sun May 16, 2010 12:13 am

Roberto wrote:Or, save up and try and buy an EII ;)
Well that's my recommendation, they take time to get sorted and again for a Mac/SD connection but it's worth all the effort.

This one has a decent library with it......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMU-Systems-Emula ... 2a06f804e4