Elektron Octatrack!

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Re: Elektron Octatrack!

Post by tallowwaters » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:38 pm

I12, you've been banned permanently. I asked you once before to play nice.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
I12 wrote:
kuroichi wrote:yeah, I have to say, I imagine that video cost a lot to make.

But to be honest it seems a lot of people are only into elektron for the image, theyre like the apple of synths...
You sir, with the utmost respect, are an idiot

hope you see this before it gets deleted by mods who love to protect the foolish :lol:
Since when do the mods here protect the foolish? Mods here don't tolerate much foolishness at all, let alone protect it.

Anyway, apart from the stupidity of implying that people only buy Apple products because of the image, I think Apple and Elektron have a lot of similarities. Both really well designed hardware, operating system and UI has had a lot of thought put into it and is therefore a pleasure to use, some idiots don't like them because they can't afford them, etc. ;)
Oh, and I have to agree, having an art degree, I can guarantee you that a lot of folks own Apple products for the image (yes, I know they are the standard in that field too). I don't care to create a PC vs Apple thread, because to each their own, but let's not kid ourselves and say that Apple doesn't spend lots of money on marketing and advertising making 'cute' commercials that appeal to certain sets of people.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

Mush
Gear: I have all the gear I need.
Band: Mush Orchestra / Rasmus Nyåker

Post by Mush » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Ashe37 wrote:That's exactly my point. My best bet is a three day shoot and about sixty grand. I recognize a few of the actors, they are SAG (or the UK equiv) so everyone got SAG minimum. Want me to go into details? i have a degree in this stuff....
It is nice and all that you recognize regular Swedish-no-name-actors. Your pricebet for the production costs are way over what the actually cost was. But please, explain more deeply as you seem to have got lots of info on what the costs for CGI and the rest for a Swedish company using their friends to produce a commercial...

I just love all the experts on VSE! :S

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Mush wrote:
Ashe37 wrote:That's exactly my point. My best bet is a three day shoot and about sixty grand. I recognize a few of the actors, they are SAG (or the UK equiv) so everyone got SAG minimum. Want me to go into details? i have a degree in this stuff....
It is nice and all that you recognize regular Swedish-no-name-actors. Your pricebet for the production costs are way over what the actually cost was. But please, explain more deeply as you seem to have got lots of info on what the costs for CGI and the rest for a Swedish company using their friends to produce a commercial...

I just love all the experts on VSE! :S
Actually, I have a *very good* idea as to the costs for CGI, even in Sweden, as I actually work as a 3D artist and have worked with friends in Sweden (and in the UK and in the Netherlands and in Belgium) in the past.

I cant place his name but the... erm... actor of African descent looks familiar, i have seen him in other projects that used union actors, which more than like means he is union, and would be forbidden to work on non-union projects.

If they brought it in for cheaper, good for them. But then alot of that may have been 'credit + copy' work, which is a cool but eventually ends up backfiring on you.

kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by kuroichi » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
I12 wrote:
You sir, with the utmost respect, are an idiot

hope you see this before it gets deleted by mods who love to protect the foolish :lol:
apart from the stupidity of implying that people only buy Apple products because of the image
I like it when you guys get all hot under the collar, it makes me laugh...

and if matrix was here, he'd laugh too....
Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

speak_onion
Gear: Octatrack, G2 Engine
Band: Speak Onion

Post by speak_onion » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I was going to buy an Elektron Octatrack, but I recognized one of the actors in the commercial for it, and I prefer the warmth of samplers that have only no-name actors in their commercials. Can anyone recommend me a sampler like that? Also, it should be made by the Dell of music gear.

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:23 pm

there are people who buys expensive 4x4 cars just for the image of them driving it. And they never will ever use the 4 wheel drive on any offroad

there are people who buys sport bikes just to say they have the fastest bike of the neighborhood and they will never use all their horsepower or ride over 150 mph, because they can't control its engine

there are people who pays $150 for Nike basketball shoes, and they don't play basketball.

This marketing looks pretty clever to me. People who is really looking for a new concept on samples will buy it with or without any advertisement, but others will buy it after looking the commercial.

Buying the synths of these kids is the best deal. These synths always come with no visible signs of wear, they are literally new.
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

Mush
Gear: I have all the gear I need.
Band: Mush Orchestra / Rasmus Nyåker

Post by Mush » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:14 pm

I can add that it is the end of another business year. If you have a company in Sweden that is not on the stock-exchange you usually don't wanna make a huge profit, as profit means taxes... Making a product-commercial is one way of spending money that otherwise would go straight to the government...

Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE

Post by Joey » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 pm

this thread...

I can't believe you people are bitching about a f**k ad campaign.

get a f**k life! honestly!
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:51 pm

:D I pointed that on a polite way, you went straight to the point.

maybe it's just, synth owners here are not used to see big amounts of money invested on synth's marketing. Some of them even believe this will increase synth's price.

f**k I just wanna hear how it sounds.
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:40 pm

speak_onion wrote:Also, it should be made by the Dell of music gear.
i am eating a sandwich while catching up on this rant and that about made me choke laughing. :lol:

rharris07
Expert Member
Expert Member
Band: Ghost Fires, The Witch Family

Post by rharris07 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:37 pm

f**k all this nonsense...can someone sell me a used one at a bargin-bin deal price already!? goddamn, how long am I going to have to wait!!!??

MEK | SixTrak | DrumTraks | Motif 8 | DW8000 | MicroKorg | EMX1 & ESX1 | Soviet TOM | Arp Quartet | SD-1 32V | Elka 490 | Indigo 2 | E6400 | Morpheus | SQ2 | DotCom Modular

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:07 pm

rharris07 wrote:f**k all this nonsense...can someone sell me a used one at a bargin-bin deal price already!? goddamn, how long am I going to have to wait!!!??
well, its not shipping until Jan 17th, so I guess 2-3 months maybe?

8-)

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by balma » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:24 pm

got my preorder.

I'm gonna lay my hands over one of these things. :bye:

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:42 pm

balma wrote:got my preorder.

I'm gonna lay my hands over one of these things. :bye:
can't wait to hear your results, your ESX work always impressed the h**l out of me...