Maniac sembello mysterious sound

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
FelixVita

Maniac sembello mysterious sound

Post by FelixVita » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Ok so this has kind of been nagging me for a while...
After I loaded in some linndrum samples on my Electribe ESX I found out I had to do "Maniac", of course. :mrgreen:

Now, I'm probably not asking in the right place, (or the right forum, even!) - so If you guys know about some place else to go for the purpose of these types of questions/discussions, please point me in that direction...

Anyway, the sound I'm looking for is whatever sound that comes after the cowbell roll.

I found the bass kick, the snare, the cowbell roll - all that, but I have no idea what sound he used (is it even from Linndrum?). One thing is, it sounds a bit processed so it could be that I just have to play a bit with the FX on it, but nevertheless I would have to find the correct basic sound first.

the sound i'm talking about
I just cut it out of the original using audacity so it sound kinda crappy - almost just like white noise, but I guarantee you; it is not :P

Anyway, appreciate the help guys, and I say again if there's another forum or something more suitable for these kinds of questions, please tell - because I tend to have a lot of them :P

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: Maniac sembello mysterious sound

Post by Z » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:05 pm

64th note roll hand clap.

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Post by Synthaholic » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:32 am

Z wrote:64th note roll hand clap.
To me it has a metallic sound to it, so it could be a percussive sound that's gated and run through a fast delay with the feedback cranked. Hand clap could work.
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

FelixVita

Post by FelixVita » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks guys!
When submitting this question my guess was that it had to be the clap, but I guess I just wasn't applying enough FX.
Managed to get something sounding pretty close to it now though :)