ROMpler sample packs?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

ROMpler sample packs?

Post by th0mas » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Anyone have any they like?

I'm looking for basically like a dump of an entire ROMpler's set of waves that I could then import to my octatrack and compose with. I don't need a ton of multisamples, every few octaves would be good enough. Anyone know of sample packs like this?

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: ROMpler sample packs?

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:52 pm

I've never seen one. All the Triton/Motif/Fantom/etc. sets you see on eBay are samples of complete patches.

There's no easy way to dump just the waveforms, for each waveform you would need to create a patch bypassing the filters and using a gated amp envelope.

That means literally creating thousands of patches if you were after the whole waveform set :shock:

Then start sampling each patch to get the raw waves :oops:

It's a non-trivial exercise.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:29 pm

I think the korg wavestation vst lets you preview the samples when you choose them for your patches. you should be able to just play through the previews and then sample the ones you like. might be the same with their m1 vst too.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by th0mas » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 pm

hmm.. actually those ebay sample packs would be good enough, although I feel bad supporting them. I did once and they're almost always someone else's sample pack ripped verbatim and resold.

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:41 pm

How come I never thought of doing that?

Oh I forgot about this cool site.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 am

I just have curiosity... why do you want "rompler" sample packs?

First thing that came to my mind with the "rompler sample pack" definition...

Pianos
strings
basses (a juno, a TB, picked, wood, sine, sub...)
brasses
few lame effects
tr sampled cowbells
disco, jazz, electro, rock'n'roll drum kits.
a few waveforms sampled, like saw, supersaw...
:lol:

I have owned around 14 romplers (W7, EX7, karma, MC307,505,909, Fantom, Triton, etc), and most of their waveforms are too generical, or have a similar sound and similar limitations on synthesis, except for the Emu ones, wich are more experimental stuff.

there must be some packs on the web, just limit your search to the last week to avoid waste your time with dead links due to copyright claims....
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by th0mas » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:39 am

Well I don't want a 8 gigabyte DVD of gregorian chants recorded in every church, which from reviews seems to be a lot of what sample packs are sold? I just want a decent collection of usable "real world"-esque sounds. pianos, horns, strings. They don't even have to fake a real thing since I'm using them in electronic music and just don't want to have everything sound like a synth.

Big Gnome
Gear: E-mu Proteus 2500
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Ensoniq VFX
SCI Prelude
Waldorf Blofeld
Band: The Nondescript

Post by Big Gnome » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:39 am

You can get all the samples from the Ensoniq SQ-80 at http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/files/the_waves.zip, which I understand were conjured directly from the ROM.
"Sure that's fine in practice, but what about in theory?"
Some of my c**p

Shreddie
Gear: Alesis Andromeda, Fusion 8HD: ART SGX Nightbass SE: Kawai K5000s: Yamaha A3000 V2, EX7, FS1R, PSS-480 (Don't laugh, it rocks!) and 4 planks.

Post by Shreddie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:01 pm

th0mas wrote:hmm.. actually those ebay sample packs would be good enough, although I feel bad supporting them. I did once and they're almost always someone else's sample pack ripped verbatim and resold.
Not to mention the fact that manufacturers really don't like people sampling machines that are still in production and selling 'their work'... There's usually something in the first few pages of the manual that states that.

balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Post by balma » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:31 pm

I think I have downloaded around 100 GB of wav sample packs on the last 3 months:
world percussion samples, lots of minimal drum packs, glitch effects, drones, orchesta hits, classic synths, water sounds, film scoring pads, wood percussions, grand piano collections, acid basses, etc, etc ,etc. Sounds of all kinds and styles and sources. Sure you can build a good collection on a couple of weeks.

It´s just a question of practice (and lack of ethics?) to find almost anything you want without paying. I hope to retribute what I get without paying, uploading stuff I made with my synths also for free.

I mostly look on Russian pages. Narrow my search to the last week or month. search on google, and add the term "MB" to my search. I exclude from the search f**k filestube site. Most of the packs I have downloaded are on letitbit net, filesonic com, extabit com. And most of these, does not last a week....
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma