Akai S-5000 Output issue..

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
Calgonstudio
Band: Client No7

Akai S-5000 Output issue..

Post by Calgonstudio » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:41 pm

posted this a while a go in the HELP section,.....so I thought I'd try here.

Bought this s5000 a few months ago , it worked when it got here, sat it in my "yes dear I am going to use it soon room" went to lend it out last night. found the left rack ear bent back hard(of course no one remembers it falling to the floor, or for that matter how it got back up to its spot on 4x10 cabinet it was sitting on)
went to show my friend how to use it, and the sound out put was extremely faint, used a Piano sound, loaded it up , and this barely audible piano sound came out of the main out puts, tried head phone jack and got the same low volume high Hiss sound, turned volumes all the way up and hiding under the background hiss was my sample piano sound, tried a few more disks and different sounds same results.
Think it could be just the output board, or do you think it's deeper in the unit? tried Midi A and then Midi B same results and also assigning other outputs didn't change the ultra low level of sound.
Last edited by Calgonstudio on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

splitpoint

Re: Akai S-5000 Output issue..

Post by splitpoint » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:28 pm

If i recall correctly the output board is attached via cable to the motherboard. You may want to pop the lid and try reseating the cable in case it came loose during the fall.
Waveframe 1000, Wavestation, OBMX, EIII, Red Square, esq1, and others...

Calgonstudio

Post by Calgonstudio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:03 pm

I'll give it a shot, tonight when I get home

Calgonstudio

Post by Calgonstudio » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Well I got home opened it up, everything is connected where it should be., ...Closed it up....tossed it off to the side of the work bench, Kid knocked it to the floor the other day, didn't know it wasn't working so in a panic he hooked it up and ...it works now...... Got home last night he told me what happened , so we gently slid it into the rack and it's working for now..........Don't try that at home boys and girls.

gcoudert
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Roland Fantom X7 with Ultimate Keys expansion, Yamaha TX802, Roland JP-8080, Tascam DP-24SD.

Post by gcoudert » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Mine did this until outputs 1 & 2 died altogether. I have since moved the output card to my other S5000 so I now have 14 working outs.
GC

Calgonstudio

Post by Calgonstudio » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:06 pm

The guy who I bought my 2nd Yamaha TX16W has A S5000 that the main L-R output are fried on so He uses the head phone out as his main L-R out put.