Yamaha tx16w

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Yamaha tx16w

Postby Krisb1977 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:37 pm

i cannot find to much info on this gem. Im wondering what type of ram it takes, and if anyone has modded them at all. Im interested in installing a usb drive. Any ideas?
Krisb1977

Re: Yamaha tx16w

Postby Calgonstudio » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:14 pm

madtheory is a user here he's got a page and some samples for the TX16 but there isn't a lot of love for the old girl, also might want to check out www.yamahaforums.co.uk there's some info there on the TX16
Calgonstudio

Band: Client No7

Postby teevee » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Krisb1977 wrote:i cannot find to much info on this gem. Im wondering what type of ram it takes, and if anyone has modded them at all. Im interested in installing a usb drive. Any ideas?

The official ram from Yamaha is called Yamaha EMM15, they are custom and contain 1,5 mb. < (Maybe PA-Docoder made clones, but don’t hang me up on it)

The price is about 50 € (on Ebay), but there are some alternatives if you are good at DIY, check links below:
http://www.sonicware.de/tx16w/tx16wmem.html
http://madtheory.com/site/muki-pakesch-tx16w-archive/ < Look under the “memory” folder.
teevee

Postby Rasputin » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:49 pm

Yeah, madtheory is super horny about the TX16W :) so you should talk to him.

The memory issue is a bit tricky, but the USB drive is quite easy. I'd suggest an HxC flashed Gotek. That's how I upgraded my TX16W and it works quite well.

I also have a hardcopy of the TX16W service manual if anyone needs some info out of it. Someday maybe I'll actually scan in the whole thing.

Edit: Ha ha, just saw the date of OP... bumped by God damn robo-posts with their spammy sigs... grrrr... :evil: :pissed:
Rasputin

Postby madtheory » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:35 pm

Rasputin wrote:Yeah, madtheory is super horny about the TX16W :) so you should talk to him.

Gee, um, thanks... :lol:
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Novation KSR, PT12, VCZ, Redmatica, MIDIQuest, Casio FZ, SK5, Komplete, M1, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pad, JV, SPD, Cyclone, Drummer.
Band: madtheory

Return to Samplers