Korg DSS-1

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.
tubesurfer6

Re: Korg DSS-1

Post by tubesurfer6 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:11 pm

Thanks for your answer, madtheory! These options are a bit out of my price range at the moment, but if anything, I'll get the Electro 3 eventually. That way I won't have to drag the CX-3 along to gigs and won't need to buy a Leslie sim pedal, 'cause the 145 ain't going nowhere! :lol: The Electro 2 doesn't have 'tron sounds, right?

I'm curious, though, what rack modules would you suggest?

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Cabaret Voltaire, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, thermostat, Buck Owens Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:50 pm

You're welcome :) Ah yes you're right about the Nord, edited the post. I already suggested racks... Emu ESI series is best bang for buck if you get the Emu Classics EIIIx CD with it. But then you've SCSI to deal with. Yuck. I'm not a fan of Emu pianos, I used to use East West Ultimate Pianos with my ESI4000.

What about a Mac with Mainstage? Sell 145 and CX3, buy Mac and go on holiday, save gasoline too :)

tubesurfer6

Post by tubesurfer6 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Uff, I couldn't sell the CX-3 and the 145, the sound is just too good. I'll just wait a bit and then get the Electro 3, maybe the prices of used ones will drop a bit by then. :lol:

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Cabaret Voltaire, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, thermostat, Buck Owens Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Ya, there's nothing like being in the presence of a real 145. :)