Trying to get Emulator 2 samples into my Microsampler

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Trying to get Emulator 2 samples into my Microsampler

Postby LoboLives » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:21 pm

I just acquired a Korg Micosampler and I'm interested in putting the original Emulator 2 samples into it. I have the Korg Wave Editor where I can take Wav files and sample them into the keyboard. The Micosampler can loop phrases and also map samples across the keyboard so you can play it on the key bed. How would I go about getting the Emulator 2 sounds? All the "Samples" I find on Ebay apparently can't be mapped according to the sellers. Can anyone help me with this?
LoboLives

Re: Trying to get Emulator 2 samples into my Microsampler

Postby madtheory » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:02 pm

You get as many EII disc images as you can find, and use EMXP to convert them. I converted them to SoundFont because Kontakt can load those directly, so the original mapping and (some of the) modulation is preserved. The Waldorf Blofeld also supports SoundFonts. Korg should have included support for this popular format (invented by Emu Systems!)

You'll have to use WAV which will preserve the loop points but not the mapping.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Novation KSR, PT12, VCZ, Redmatica, MIDIQuest, Casio FZ, SK5, Komplete, M1, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pad, JV, SPD, Cyclone, Drummer.
Band: madtheory

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:51 pm

Mapping doesn't matter, microSampler does not multisample.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby madtheory » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:43 pm

Ah right. In that case it's the wrong tool for the job, unless you just want the Shakuhachi?
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Novation KSR, PT12, VCZ, Redmatica, MIDIQuest, Casio FZ, SK5, Komplete, M1, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pad, JV, SPD, Cyclone, Drummer.
Band: madtheory

Return to Samplers