Ensoniq Mirage sample library?

Discussions about anything related to samplers and sampling techniques.

Re: Ensoniq Mirage sample library?

Postby abruzzi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:31 pm

By the way, while I wait for the laptop to arrive, I started digging through my disks to find "official" ensoniq disks. this is what I came up with:

(damn iPhone photos are always flipped...)
abruzzi

Postby Rasputin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:25 am

abruzzi wrote:
Rasputin wrote:As promised...

http://r-massive.cellarseer.com/ensoniq ... e-library/

PM me here if there are any problems or questions about accessibility or the exact content.

No love for non-Facebook users?

Anyone here can PM me if that is an issue for them. I get why people don't want to use Facebook, so accommodations will be made. It's not really meant as a "restriction", per se, but there are multiple reasons why it's not posted directly in this thread.

I realize people want a quick and easy, grab-and-go link and I totally sympathize and understand that concept, but jumping through this small PM/Facebook hoop will likely pay dividends for anyone interested in this kind of material. I post so much here that hopefully everyone can trust my judgment.

So, uh, just PM me, ya know? :mail:
Rasputin

Postby blueknob » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 pm

I avoid Facebook, it's the work of the devil :twisted: - it's for kids and adults of low education that like to gossip and usually end up in fights :lol:

It's good to see all those original Mirage diskettes, at the time in the 1980's they would have been a lot of money, a real sacrifice for us normal people parting with wads. I recall even the most humble of floppy disk (blank 750kb 3 1/4") were sold individually due to the cost. I recall Ensoniq had a neat trick where they sold a "blank formatted diskette" at a premium price (more money).

Kids today just have it so eaaasssy :lol:

I say, it's good to keep the Mirage alive.
blueknob

Gear: ESi32/E6400U, Novation Supernova, Ensoniq (a shedful), vintage Macs, Hamm C3/122

Postby krismiller1982 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:45 am

abruzzi wrote:By the way, while I wait for the laptop to arrive, I started digging through my disks to find "official" ensoniq disks. this is what I came up with:

(damn iPhone photos are always flipped...)

PLEASE OH LORD!!! PLEASE UPLOAD THOSE FACTORY SOUND DISKS!!!!
krismiller1982

Postby abruzzi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:11 am

I have the laptop, and I'm almost done setting it up for ripping disk images. Hopefully over the next week I'll start ripping them.
abruzzi

Postby abruzzi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:11 am

so I ripped the disks in the image. A haven't tested the files, or properly labled them, but for now you can get them here:

http://xy.cx/synth/mirage/ensoniq_mirage_disks.zip

The previous owner of the disks put a numeric sticker on most of them, which you can see in the photo (be sure to get the full sized version of the image). For the time being most of the images are named the same as the number on the sticker-i.e. 049.img or similar. So for now you'll need the image I posted above to know what is on each disk.

Two of the disks wouldn't read, but bother were older MASOS disks (1.0 and 1.1). There are plenty of copies of modern MASOS, that I'm not worried. There is also at least one duplicate but both copies are ripped and uploaded.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has time whether these images work. I ripped them with mread.exe, so mwrite.exe should work, but omniflop probably will as well.
abruzzi

Postby krismiller1982 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:13 am

abruzzi wrote:so I ripped the disks in the image. A haven't tested the files, or properly labled them, but for now you can get them here:

http://xy.cx/synth/mirage/ensoniq_mirage_disks.zip

The previous owner of the disks put a numeric sticker on most of them, which you can see in the photo (be sure to get the full sized version of the image). For the time being most of the images are named the same as the number on the sticker-i.e. 049.img or similar. So for now you'll need the image I posted above to know what is on each disk.

Two of the disks wouldn't read, but bother were older MASOS disks (1.0 and 1.1). There are plenty of copies of modern MASOS, that I'm not worried. There is also at least one duplicate but both copies are ripped and uploaded.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has time whether these images work. I ripped them with mread.exe, so mwrite.exe should work, but omniflop probably will as well.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm trying to open these on OSX. Having trouble mounting/reading them. DO you know what app I should use to convert these so i am able to extract the audio files from them? Thank you in advance.
krismiller1982

Postby abruzzi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:46 pm

No idea. If you want to use them in a mirage, you need DOS/windows and "mwrite" or "omniflop" to write them to a floppy. Using them in PC/Mac software is a different thing that I've never looked at.
abruzzi

Postby Rasputin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:40 pm

elsongs wrote:Does anyone offer the original Ensoniq Mirage sample library in Konakt format?

I now have the first disk (out of 30) converted and am working on the rest. It's not really difficult, but it's a lot of disk flipping and data managing. I'll probably have the entire thing done in a few more days.
Rasputin

Postby Hyde » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:08 pm

I have amassed a small collection of Mirage & EPS disks. Some of the machines I've bought came with disks. Kind of cool to load them up & see whats there. Most of the sounds aren't of much use to me, though. I've filed a few disks up where I can finds them. Thats about it.
Makin' Noises
Hyde

Gear: Ensoniq Mirage-EPS-EPS16-ASR10
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000

Postby madtheory » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:41 pm

Rasputin wrote:
elsongs wrote:Does anyone offer the original Ensoniq Mirage sample library in Konakt format?

I now have the first disk (out of 30) converted and am working on the rest. It's not really difficult, but it's a lot of disk flipping and data managing. I'll probably have the entire thing done in a few more days.

:o :o
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby Rasputin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:08 am

madtheory wrote:
Rasputin wrote:

:o :o

Two down, twenty-eight more to go. :lol: If I didn't have to... you know, earn a living or whatever then it would probably be done by now, but real-life intervenes. :cry:

Although I think it's worthwhile to finally get this library ported to a more universal format (why has no one done this yet?!), I also agree with Baus in that a lot of stuff loses its charm when you just copy-paste the sample instead of sampling the output of the sampler. In my opinion, the stock sample library from the Mirage is primarily uninspired, especially when stripped of hardware character.
Rasputin

Postby jxalex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm

About Mirage. yes, good. Good that we like it. :)
I have myself used these programs to read and write ENSONIQ SQ80 discs. also there are similar way of reading-writing AKAI sampler discs with that omniflop (under DOS though).

My one offtopic wondering though what I could not let it be.

blueknob wrote:I avoid Facebook, it's the work of the devil :twisted: - it's for kids and adults of low education that like to gossip and usually end up in fights :lol:

You are not only one with that thought. :) ALl that is true, and not only limited to that.
That F4ckbook is the place where is the highest concentration of low lifeforms who do not value privacy, they are mapped with their contacts, and are milking cows for institutions without knowing it. The advertisement institutions, and secret organizations have always tried to intrude the privacy and it was so far just limited to "bonuses" on the websites, but what happens in f4ckbook is like a dream come true for advertisement companies -- people are sharing the data, all in one place, and f4ckbook is selling their data. Also... the secret police or police work has never been easier. "The people you may know" is just a step away from officer who is asking from you "Have you seen this suspect?". Also, they randomly add total strangers without explanation, in their list, but then vanish again. ;) Also independency non-existent there, as the discussions can be taken under control by higher authorities
if they see it displeasing. Becouse of some comments several pages were closed down, whatever if the 100000 people liked that comment, but was not "in the higher authority interest" as they want to form different opinion to those people... or SHEEPLE would be better word for them. It is very easy, too easy to close down what the institutions do not like.
And voila, again, just another tool, besides banks and paypal account, to limit independency when they want.
Still, anyone who hates advertisements, and commercials and still have curtains on his bedroom windows atleast (literally saying that needing still some privacy), should quit that account there.
Still, as more and more people will join with f4ckbook, then people start to look it as normal about , but instead the ones who are against facebook, give impression of being weird, rebellious. At the same time sites like this here, with forums, they see as "weird" and suspicios, as they accept more discussions in a Fbook instead.
Lucky enough, there are those who already have tired of that Fbook and close their account.
jxalex

Gear: enough

Postby desmond » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:24 pm

jxalex wrote:My one offtopic wondering though what I could not let it be.

This isn't really the place to threadjack with bitches about Facebook... just let it be, please.

Thanks.
desmond

Postby jxalex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:34 pm

desmond wrote:
jxalex wrote:My one offtopic wondering though what I could not let it be.

This isn't really the place to threadjack with bitches about Facebook... just let it be, please.

Thanks.

Yes yes. That was just something in which I reacted very harsh way.

And of course Ensoniq Mirage is much better topic.
:)
jxalex

Gear: enough

PreviousNext

Return to Samplers