DX7II FD Headphone Hiss and Firmware update

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

DX7II FD Headphone Hiss and Firmware update

Postby Zkleiza87 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm

I recently found a deal on a DX7 II FD and am overall happy since everything functions properly. I am a bit put off with the white noise that comes with 75% to 100% volume, but Ive read this is to be expected with this synth.
The headphone output on the other hand, has a rather loud white noise floor even when the volume slider is at zero. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is it normal or am I looking at replacing the headphone amp?
On another note, my firmware version is 1.1 which I believe is the first version. Is there a way to update the firmware via midi and if so does anyone know where I can find the most recent firmware (I believe 1.9).
Thanks!

-Zac
Zkleiza87

Re: DX7II FD Headphone Hiss and Firmware update

Postby Rasputin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:30 pm

For the firmware, I think it's here: http://dbwbp.com/index.php/9-misc/37-synth-eprom-dumps

You might want to check with a DX7 expert, but I think the one you want is Yamaha_dx7iid_eprom_v1.9.zip. I think that works in the DX7II FD also.
Rasputin

Return to HELP!