Jupiter 6 - Master Tuning issue

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Re: Jupiter 6 - Master Tuning issue

Postby belltones » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:39 am

I know this thread is old, but I want to put this info here in case anyone ever comes through again with this same confusion about the D/A offset. When I came across this thread when it wasn't so old, I wasn't registered and was just lurking, but now I am registered and can post, so I am, to say:

the D/A offset test points will not read 0V unless you switch the synth over to test mode by moving the tiny switch on the center of the left edge of the CPU board to the “Jig” position, and THEN load program A1. They do not read 0V normally.

just trying to fill some of the information gaps on the internet, to pay it back for all the information gaps it's filled for me over the years ;)
belltones

Gear: Weller soldering iron, Hitachi oscilloscope, little hooked tool I got on Amazon for $1

Postby DNLSCL » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:56 pm

Same problem with my Jupiter 6!
Any ideas on how to solve this?
DNLSCL

Postby WhinyLittleRunt » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:48 pm

DNLSCL wrote:Same problem with my Jupiter 6!
Any ideas on how to solve this?

Stupid broken Europa mod that no longer has any support... I believe I fixed mine by fully resetting Europa, but I don't have it anymore so I can't remember the process.
sequential circuits prophet t8 | oberheim ob-8 | moog minimoog model d | moog opus 3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha cp30 | arp omni-2 | linndrum | roland cr8000 | korg kr55 | simmons sdsv | 82 rhodes mark II stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m100
WhinyLittleRunt

Postby alwaysuptil1 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:45 pm

I've had the same tuning issue with my JP6 and have taken it apart and am ready to re-connect the Bender Board so I can adjust the VR1 & VR2 but my question is, do I need to ground the circuit board? The way it's designed is that the metal encasement of the bender section is grounded to the chassis and the circuit board is mounted to the metal encasement with 8 screws, all of which show leads to a section of the circuit board. So when I set it up outside of the metal casing, do I need to find a way to ground the circuit board, since it won't be screwed into the casing? I've fried a TR-707 before because I didn't connect a ground so I'm a lil gun-shy about doing that again...
alwaysuptil1

Previous

Return to HELP!