Alesis MMT-8 Not Syncing Minimoog Properly

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Re: Alesis MMT-8 Not Syncing Minimoog Properly

Postby madtheory » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Rumbler101 wrote:I just can't be on there actively participating as it comes off as smartarse arrogance.

Ya that's true, it seems to bring out the worst in everyone.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Cabaret Voltaire, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, thermostat, Buck Owens Moog.
Band: Minim

Postby Rumbler101 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:39 am

Using a "THRU" box fixed the issue. I used an MBA-8 by Sema Electronics if anyone is interested; there's some on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-way-MIDI-T ... :rk:4:pf:0
Rumbler101

Postby Weirdofromouterspace » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:28 pm

gmeredith wrote:By monitoring he means being able play the minimoog using the keyboard going THROUGH the mmt8 and then to the minimoog. [...]

Thanks for pointing that out =D> , wasn't aware of that. I had considered buying an MMT-8 some time ago, but never actually did.

BTW, any info about the forthcoming WWR album? April 2018 is long gone by now... 8-)
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971
Weirdofromouterspace

Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Postby gmeredith » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:37 am

Hah yeah the album is still in the works but got sidetracked by a huge local project in Hobart, Tasmania called SYNTHESTHESIA - a compilation album of Hobart underground Electronic artists. Myself and 2 other people from a local record label Cubbyhouse Records have put together the submissions of 29 tracks of local artists and are doing a CD launch of it on Jan 12th, with live performances of the artists in a whole day and night electro festival. We're getting 500 CD's commercially pressed for it.
Casio: FZ1, CZ101, PG380, VZ10M, SK8, SK60, RAP10, DP1 drums, DH100, CDP200, DM100
Yamaha: TX81z, TX802, SHS10, DTXv2
Roland: SH101, DR660, MS1, PM16, TR33
Others: Korg MicroKontrol, ES-1, Alesis MMT8, Emu ESi2000 & card reader, BCR2000, V-Machine
gmeredith

Band: Warning Will Robinson

Postby elsongs » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:05 pm

What kind of Minimoog is this? Is it a vintage Minimoog with a MIDI retrofit, or the recent Model-D reissue with built-in MIDI?
elsongs

Postby madtheory » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:20 pm

gmeredith wrote:Hah yeah the album is still in the works but got sidetracked by a huge local project in Hobart, Tasmania called SYNTHESTHESIA - a compilation album of Hobart underground Electronic artists. Myself and 2 other people from a local record label Cubbyhouse Records have put together the submissions of 29 tracks of local artists and are doing a CD launch of it on Jan 12th, with live performances of the artists in a whole day and night electro festival. We're getting 500 CD's commercially pressed for it.

Awesome! Sounds great. Best of luck with it.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Cabaret Voltaire, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, thermostat, Buck Owens Moog.
Band: Minim

Postby Rumbler101 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:39 am

elsongs wrote:What kind of Minimoog is this? Is it a vintage Minimoog with a MIDI retrofit, or the recent Model-D reissue with built-in MIDI?

It is the Minimoog Model D reissue with the built-in MIDI.
Rumbler101

Previous

Return to HELP!