Moog Satellite -- No Sound

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
dbutler

Moog Satellite -- No Sound

Post by dbutler » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:11 am

I am new to the forum so If I'm digging up old news, I'm sorry. I am working on a Moog Satellite that has a problem of no sound with no front tabs depressed. It should sound with the high octave tone with no tabs depressed according to the user manual. I can get sound if octave 1 or 2 or both are depressed. Going deeper, if I pull the D connector on the main board to the resistor matrix, then I get the 1st missing high octave back. But non of the voice tabs work then. I then reconnected the D connector and pulled one wire at a time and had no sound but...when I got to D6 purple wire and pulled it out of the molex connector, I got sound back. That trace led me to IC13 741. I replaced it with TL071. But still have the same issue. All that said, with the D connector in place, and no tabs depressed, there is a very very faint sound that the 1st high octave is there. There are no broken wires and all molex fractured solder connections have been repiared. Any help is appreciated.