Philips Philicorda GM751 / GM752 capacitors / manual?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
miroschnee

Philips Philicorda GM751 / GM752 capacitors / manual?

Post by miroschnee » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:45 pm

Hey there,

I posted here before regarding this, but I think my question was a bit unclear. Now a litte more precise :)

Does anyone know what capacitors are used in the octave dividers of a Philips Philicorda GM751, the version with transistors? Info about those used in a GM752 could also help, as it seems to be the same technology.

The problem is, that I could only find two manuals on the internet, one complete one for the GM751, but tube version, and one for the GM752, but with missing infos about which capacitors are being used (maybe there's pages missing). If anyone can provide me with another manual, that would also help massively :)

Thanks so much,
Miro

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: Philips Philicorda GM751 / GM752 capacitors / manual?

Post by madtheory » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Why can't you read the values off them? Are they completely destroyed?

miroschnee

Post by miroschnee » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Hey Tomas,

thanks for your reply! Maybe I miss something, I am not super experienced with these kinds of works, but the capacitors are covered with some kind of insulating jacket, you can see the red ballish ones here in this image:

http://www.wernbo.de/Philicorda%20752/P ... _752_8.jpg

I suppose it's not possible to read off the values?

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:48 pm

There should be something written on those? But they don't look broken. Are there specific ones that you think are broken? It would be unwise to try to replace all of them. What exactly is wrong with the instrument?

miroschnee

Post by miroschnee » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:13 pm

Well, no, actually I am not sure they are broken. The thing is, I know for sure that there's a problem with my second octave divider on the F note. I can play the highest and the second highest octave without any troubles, all the lower ones just get weaker and weaker, so I know that there must be something broken in that specific "island" or group of parts, but I don't know which, so I thought I'd replace all the parts in that area that could theoretically be the source of this problem. I already figured out what the transistors are based on what's written on them, but know nothing about the capacitors. You think if I'd build them out of there I could read their value off them somewhere?

PS: the photo I sent you was from the internet because it was better quality than the ones I took when I had opened the organ, but it looks identical. You can't see any superficial damage.

ppg_wavecomputer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Post by ppg_wavecomputer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Have you tried asking this very question over at www.analogorgel.de? There's quite a bit of knowledgeable people around who might be able to help out.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/

miroschnee

Post by miroschnee » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Thank you so much so far, I'm trying the analog organ forum now :)