Korg M1 first power on after a lots of years

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
flyingsaucer
Gear: KORG M1, KORG M3R, GEM WX2, ROLAND D-20

Korg M1 first power on after a lots of years

Post by flyingsaucer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi to everyone! Please give me some advice on what to do ....

In 1999 I bought a second hand Korg M1 in perfect state. I've used it for two or three years.... then I couldn't use it anymore because of my job. Now finally in the 2017 years I can use it again. What is the best to do before power on?
I need to disassembly and check hardware components or I can directly try to power?

Thank you for your helping

Best Regards
Tony
Last edited by flyingsaucer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Korg M1 first power on after a lots of years

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:53 pm

You should probably check the backup battery to see if it needs to be replaced. Other than that, just turn it on.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:42 pm

I personally would just go for it. 2-3 years isn't that long in the scheme of things. If it turns on fine and everything seems normal, I'd leave it on for a few hours when you're home and if it seems like it is still totally normal then I wouldn't think twice about it unless it there's a definite malfunction in the future.

If opening synths is easy for you then... sure, check the battery if you want, but most people make things worse when they take stuff apart. "Hmm, wonder where that screw went..."

flyingsaucer

Post by flyingsaucer » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:25 am

Then... I'll go for it change battery, power on and come back for report as soon as possible.

Editing...

Everything it's Ok now. Changed battery it was completely out. Only some trouble to reload factory patches but with midi-ox I've modified buffers and timings and everything was restored without issue.

Thanks everyone for support.
Last edited by flyingsaucer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

flyingsaucer

Post by flyingsaucer » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 am

Sorry for double post