Akai AX-60 tuning pot replacement help

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Akai AX-60 tuning pot replacement help

Postby wolfox » Sun May 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Hey guys,

I'm attempting to replace a cracked tuning pot on my AX-60 and have no luck finding an inexpensive original part anywhere, so I was hoping I can get some help finding a suitable replacement. What type of pot is it exactly? The pot on the Akai is labeled "B10KXJ", so could I replace it with a generic B10k linear taper pot (3 pin)?? Would that be the right type as long as it fits the board? As you can see, I'm new to this and just wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
wolfox

Re: Akai AX-60 tuning pot replacement help

Postby Rasputin » Mon May 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Yep, you've got it.

Really the biggest problem is figuring out what modern pot from Mouser, DigiKey, etc. is going to be the perfect physical fit. You'll have to measure the old one and then compare the shaft length (and so on) to the datasheet for whatever pot you're thinking of getting.

Make sure that the old knob will fit over the new pot's shaft properly and that the shaft length is correct and you should be pretty much set.
Rasputin

Re: Akai AX-60 tuning pot replacement help

Postby wolfox » Tue May 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Great! Will do. Thanks a lot!
wolfox

Return to HELP!