Kawai Q80EX Floppy Drive Replacement

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Kawai Q80EX Floppy Drive Replacement

Postby Opshacom » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi all, I have an issue with the original floppy drive of my Kawai Q80 EX sequencer and I'd like to replace it with an alternative one. As far as I read, I can use any standard PC floppy drive and with a slight modification, I can make it work with my Kawai. I've heard that on the back of the floppy drive there is an ID switch, having two positions - 0 and 1 and it has to be changed in order to work. I've heard also about some devices, using a resistor whose value determines the number. What about the connector of the floppy drive - do I have to make some modifications there, too? Anyone had any experience with that? Thanks in advance.
Opshacom

Re: Kawai Q80EX Floppy Drive Replacement

Postby madtheory » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Use this instead, far more reliable and somewhere there are instructions for a standard PC setup:
http://www.lotharek.pl/product.php?pid=13
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Novation KSR, PT12, VCZ, Redmatica, MIDIQuest, Casio FZ, SK5, Komplete, M1, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pad, JV, SPD, Cyclone, Drummer.
Band: madtheory

Return to HELP!