Cannot find Crumar Performer B service manual, please help!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Cannot find Crumar Performer B service manual, please help!

Postby benyig » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Hello,

I'm desperately looking for the service manual for Crumar Performer B. It's easy to find the manual for the first version but not for this one. This is the second version with the improved brass section P-744.

I own this synth but it's not working because 2 ICs are missing from that section (2040 and 2050). I have the parts but I don't know where and how to put them without a diagram. Can you help?

Thanks!
Last edited by benyig on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benyig

Re: Cannot find Crumar Performer B service manual, please he

Postby Mooger5 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 pm

So they´re just labeled IC-X and IC-Y in the PCB? The 2040 being a four pole filter, should typically have four non electrolytic capacitors nearby. Either mylar or polyester film, or polystyrene. Low value. Hope this helps.
Herrare umanum est.
Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby benyig » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:14 am

Mooger5 wrote:So they´re just labeled IC-X and IC-Y in the PCB? The 2040 being a four pole filter, should typically have four non electrolytic capacitors nearby. Either mylar or polyester film, or polystyrene. Low value. Hope this helps.

Thank you! There are no labels at all on the PCB but your comment helped me to figure it out. Unfortunately, the Range slider is also missing. I've just realized it, I was so focused on the ICs, and I don't have a clue about the resistance and linearity so I still need the circuit diagram...
benyig

Postby HideawayStudio » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:59 pm

I would have a word with Bob Weigel aka SoundDoctorin as he has worked on both the Moog TR ladder and SSM filter variants.

http://www.sounddoctorin.com/synthtec/c ... rformr.htm

Bob is a friendly helpful chap - his email addr is here:

http://www.sounddoctorin.com/address.htm
HideawayStudio
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: 163 tubes in a large wooden box!
Band: Shortwave

Postby benyig » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Great resource, thank you!
benyig

Postby sounddoctorin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 am

I had a bad link for the service manual. A few people posted music part's scan of the version A which is of course identical in the tone generation department and I think power supply and string effect, but different in the EG and Filter for sure. I have *that* manual in hard copy and I have crummy scans I downloaded that are readable enough I think. Wish they hadn't aborted the drivers for the nice agfa T1200 scanner setting here. If I could get a linux compat. scsi card that would fit in my mini box..... that'd put me back in biz with it I think..

ANyway I should pdf the crummy scans for now I suppose or at least put up the pics of the filter and eg section.
sounddoctorin

Return to HELP!