Roland HS60 Juno 106 ringing note (not voice chip)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
ChuckFalcon
Gear: Roland Promars MRS-2
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000
Band: Chuck Falcon

Roland HS60 Juno 106 ringing note (not voice chip)

Post by ChuckFalcon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:02 am

Hi there, I have a problem that I have never encountered before and just can't seem to fix. I have a Roland HS60 which is the exact same thing as a Juno 106 but the HS60 has onboard speakers.

When I plug the mono out to an amp or pa, I have this note that rings out forever and doesn't stop. Its always the same note. It sounds like a "C". HOWEVER, when I unplug from the mono out and just use the onboard speakers, it goes away. Also, when I use the headphone out, the ringing note is also goes away. The ringing note only happens when I plug from the mono out. When I turn up the volume, the ringing note does not increase. When I move ANY of the faders, the ringing out note seems to "quiver" in pitch about a half note flat.

I have stripped the black stuff off of the chips and have tested the module board on other Juno 106 keyboards that I have and it doesn't do this.

Anyone have any idea what is going on or how I can fix it?
Last edited by ChuckFalcon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChuckFalcon
Gear: Roland Promars MRS-2
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000
Band: Chuck Falcon

Re: Roland HS60 Juno 106 ringing note (not voice chip)

Post by ChuckFalcon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:39 am

another clue. After another look, there was a ground wire from the module board that was supposed to be screwed down. After I screwed it down the ringing out sound seemed to lessen. So the ringing out sound has something to do with the grounding?

Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Roland HS60 Juno 106 ringing note (not voice chip)

Post by Mooger5 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:27 pm

My 106 often does this. It´s a very faint signal but it´s there, right? It can be stopped by arranging the wire harness properly. It helps if the wires run closer to the metal chassis.
Herrare umanum est.